When should I start to craft?

So I’m just getting into Last epcoh, despite owning it for a while. I have to say I’m enjoying it so far. A question though if I may.

At waht point is it worth crafting? Should I hold off until endgame or is it worth doing during the levelling process?

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome!
It is already very useful to craft early on during the story, especially to help out with some resistances you are lacking.
Of course the BiS gear crafting starts in endgame, some experienced players even rush through the story without crafting anything. But with your first playthrough or with ssf characters i would highly recommend to adjust your stats.
(For example: first chapters to craft some void resistance on your gear since alot of enemies do void dmg there, physical resistance is always important, necrotic res in chapter 4, elemental res at chapter 7-8, poison res at chapter 9)
This will help out your leveling experience.

@TriKster’s advice is pretty much it… just to add to it regarding his example of getting resistances based on the enemies that pop up throughout the campaign - this is, imho, perhaps the only real reason to craft early in the game as having a decent level of resistances can make a REALLY big difference to campaign Boss fights and make the entire campaign much smoother and fun… (some may say it makes it too easy, but when you are first learning the game I think fun is more important).

and obviously crafting is a must for end-game - there really isnt any other way to progress a build without it…

Agreed with all that.
I just would add: craft your weapon frequently. Add flat damage as soon as you can. Change weapon, shatter the previous one.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.