What's The Point to Max Resistance + Overage?

So what is the actual resistance we need to be fine? Because now at Mono 100+, your litearlly forcing us to craft resistance even more on every piece of gear and also add it to our idol slots. https://imgur.com/a/mNATLxk Im so far over on my resistance and I get 1 tapped on fire?! Theres no justification to where that makes any sense. That to me is also a no fly for me at this point once I reach Mono 100. Because if I cannot push without me already having exactly what I need to push any further… whats the point to this type of end game?! I may as well go back to PoE where all I need to do is watch my footsteps. Here, I need to watch my life IRL is what it feels like.

Being above 75% resist only adds prevention to something when they shred your resistances. So if you’re 80%, you have 5% more reduction when you’re being shred. There are lots of other contributing factors to why you could get one shot, like a large increase of damage modifiers in the echo and low overall health. Don’t give up. Don’t let them win.

1 Like

But here can you see the shred damage your takin or took? I know on the screen once you die it just tells you what you died from.

Still kind of a turn off there. It still feels like i have to add more resistance then I already have even shred res. Anyhow, thanks but… Im, good. Get a toon to 100, thats it, reroll.

Resistances should be at 75ish unless you’re doing some uncapped conversion, you gotta focus on your other defense layers say hp, ward, armour, dodge, etc.

1 Like

So I should stay close to 75% and not overcap? Overcapping can lead to death? If I understand that correctly or…

yes, overcapping won’t lead you to death (not directly), but every resistance over the cap is generally a waste and the affixe/blessing slot could be something more useful like HP% (just an example)

I see, so, the overcapped could be used for warding or hp or something else for defence or offence ay? I think I caught that right after the message I posted.

Coming from PoE, that was stupid of me not to think that. Thanks.

1 Like

Without more information like a video and knowing the map modifiers, its hard to pinpoint your death. Doesn’t seem like you should die in 1 hit tho. Could be a bug, could be you were down to 10% hp, we sure can’t tell.

Without knowing the details, here’s a few baseline rules to follow:

Get 100% crit avoidance
Try to get 1800hp +
Try to aim for at least 2k armor
Try to get as much flat % damage reduction as possible. This is normally done with passives.

Resistances are really overrated. Armor is much stronger.
I’m running 200 corruption on multiple chars with “weak” specs/masteries and most of them got 2k ish HP and are not res capped. They are however crit capped and got 4k or 8k armor.

Gl

Edit:
Oh and if you aren’t playing ward, getting 50% endurance ish with a 1/3 of your max health as threshold is also smart.

2 Likes

Could have had a dot or dots on you that put you low quickly and bam one hit finished you off.

1 Like

Just as I was thinking waking up this morning before work. Thanks and thank you all for your feedbacks.

I really want to ask though, wheres the room for any type of damage Im going to do if any at all besides the base AFFIXs. Just seems pretty stupid to focus more on not taking or less taking damage then outputting any damage. Just sounds like, play LE and run ZDPS. LOL!! Get what I mean, but Im sure Ill figure it out. Its not hard, I dont think. Anyhow, thanks.

There are definitely masteries that struggle with it due to having very little survivability through passives (looking at you shaman).
But to answer your question: a MAJOR source of hitting the various breakpoints can be done by getting the right item bases. Having a base with 700 armor (like the new sentinel plate) makes hitting 4k armor pretty trivial. And that’s before any affixes.

So check out what item base you need, get 1-3 t7 affixes that patches whatever weakspots you got, est voila.

My experience is that the biggest dps boosters are usually a certain unique, hunt down a lp2+ version of said unique, and that should boost your dps immensely

It may also be worth pointing out that some classes/builds get dps from their resistances. Acolytes can get more dps for all their necrotic resistance, so some people get a good few hundred necrotic resistance to help their dps.

treat 75 as the base(+0% damage). above that negates the effects of resist shred. under you’ll take extra damage

1 Like