What's the least popular primalist?

Now that I know primalist is the least popular, which one of the three is the least popular of the least popular?

That’s the one I got to try. :slight_smile:

Shaman

100% Shaman, its so bad its not even fun

Shaman and non-werebear druid probably.

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I had a lightning totem shaman back in the beta, and it seems to be the only way to generate some synergy between skills. Other things, like cold and physical, seem underwhelming.

One thing that really bugs me is that upheaval (base primalist) and earthquake (shaman) seem to be in the same design spaces - a physical melee spell that pounds the ground. I know it’s more complex, but it just feels redundant to me.

Thank you for that link!

I know the ladder isn’t everything, but it’s interesting to browse through and see what’s being picked.

Least popular is any primalist with pets. For 3 reasons

1: both necro and falconer have a better pet, and neither hard punishes you

2: requires a 3 piece set bonus to run multiple of said bad companions. Meaning you loose 3 exalteds for a total of 9-12 [12 if each one is sealed] exalted bonus + around 9 from the uniques for 3 bad pets

3: lack of itemization to scale said pets, and scale your own.

I played a BM till 95 and stopped cause it just felt underwhelming for how much investment I put in.

Bear Druid is not much fun either. It takes too long to kill things. Sure, it’s nice to out heal every fight, but having to spend 3x the amount of time as every other class in a fight is not fun, it’s tedious.

Shaman is MUCH worse though.

I’ve personally found bear Druid to be a blast, as well as spriggan Druid. For the bear, nothing quite like killing enemies with your bear hands :slight_smile: with claw totems and so forth any enemy including bosses with adds around absolutely melted. Granted yes big single targets without adds like lagon, rather slow at taking down. But even then still super safe and tanky and a fulfilling class fantasy.

Non werebear, I’ve been having a blast with spriggan Druid. Right now I’m doing a full healing totem/ spirit thorns build and it’s likely the most powerful build I’ve played so far (at 60ish) and it’s a ton of fun besides. Can’t speak for shaman or beastmaster myself but if Druid primalist is unpopular I think folks are missing out.

I know this is from 2 weeks ago, but I don’t see any 3 piece set bonuses that grant multiple companions, so I’m not sure what you’re talking about? I’m thinking you’re referring to Artor’s Helmet + the Fang/Claw to get multiple Wolves, but that’s just one companion. There are Raptor synergies, Sabertooth synergies, Scorpion synergies; if the itemization / scaling just isn’t enough, that’s one thing, but the pieces are definitely there to at least provide some constructive feedback.

There are so many Primalist companion synergies I want to try, but it takes way too long for me to level up alts at a decent pace while equipping for each individual build synergy. It’s a shame, as compared to other ARPGs where I feel like there’s a lack of clear pet builds, this game has an overload of pet possibilities.