What skills do people take for perma-Spriggan?

If you want to stay “permanently” in Spriggan Form, you lose access to your other skills.
I figured out how to link Healing totem to Thorn Totem, and a Summoned Spriggan remains although I have no access to his Healing Wind. I think the Summoned Spriggan’s “Creeping Roots” uses your Entangling Roots skill (not sure though). So that’s 4 skills I can specialize.

No idea what to take for 5th skill. For now I am taking Fury Leap so if I end up in Human Form, I can Leap the heck away from danger. :slight_smile: lol

I use the Legacy of the quiet forest and I have 1 point in ancestral call. Even as a shaman, no issues with sustaining rage, I think the belt itself offsets the degen. Healing totem is the only skill with rage cost and it will increase cost if you take the more totems node but also decreases with the mana efficiency node so its very less rage drain (I spam totems without much issue).

I took sprigg form, summon sprig, maelstrom, thorn totem and Ice thorns. Ice thorns will proc at 45% chance on hit from tree and idols. If you are using spriggan I think eterra’s blessing with the passive point that procs it (blossoming garden) should also work. I think it procs every 12 sec. Otherwise there is a node which makes it proc on thorn shield cast too but has rage cost.

I took the Ancestral Call node for Rage on Spirit Thorns hit. There’s also a passive for Rage on crit.

You can have a Storm Crow for more sustain.

I have no issue with keeping perma-full Rage. I am just wondering what skills I can train out of the 5. I think Eterra’s Blessing will replace my useless Fury Leap & Ice Thorns to replace Entangling Roots (which I don’t think is proccing from my Spriggan), and that should do it.

Spriggan Form
Summon Srpiggan
Thorn Totem (proc off Healing Totem)
Ice Thorns (proc when I’m hit)
Eterra’s Blessing (proc off Thorn Shield)

I’m leaning towards swarmblade to generate some locusts, then use the 2 “transform” nodes between swarmblade and spriggan to switch back and forth. I figure I’ll be in spriggan 90% of the time. It also meshes well as I am using vines for my rage regen and stacking poison for thorn totem damage synergy.

As a side note, swarmblade has a node that makes your companion use it’s ability, so that does provide a limited way to get the spriggan heal back.

Also I figure might as well ask here before making a thread but is it intended that you can still spawn thorn totems using the on hit idol along with healing thorn totems ? and they have a seperate limit to regular thorn totems so you can have 14 totems up.

Just wanted to know if i’m building around a bug (Spriggan shaman with cold Spirit thorns using ascendant circle + cold dmg per totem idols with the 10+ totems)
Though i’m pretty sure this is still worse than a druid cos they get cold pen and so much more life.

Don’t know, but I have a similar “problem” with the “Ancestral Renewal” node on Eterra’s Blessing, which is summoning Healing Totems beyond the 3 totem limit. For me, this is actually bad because I took that node so that it replaced an old totem, triggering the +12 Mana (which becomes +12 rage in Form), so that I can do this:

• Cast Thorn Shield which spends rage to cast Eterra’s Blessing
  • Eterra’s Blessing procs the totem which refunds 12 rage.

i.e. I get Eterra’s Blessing procs from Thorn Shield for free.
Except, it isn’t working because those totems are additional (beyond my 3 totem limit)…
:frowning:

Does the refund node work for rage ? I’m not sure if it would since it says only mana cost is carried over to the healing totems but doesn’t say anything about mana gain.

Edit: I mean selfcast totems not through eterra

It definitely works. When I manually cast Healing Totems in batches of 3, I get almost instant full rage.

1 Like

Oh that’s pretty neat like 36 rage in a cast.

I figured out that the Eterra’s Blessing node which summons a Healing Totem summons a “generic” one, having its own “counter” of 2, and does not use the Sprig Form tree, so it isn’t also a Thorn Totem, which is why those aren’t generating Mana/Rage for me.

Yes, that is intended.

GGz so with what Zaodon got here we can get max 16 totems and with 32% spell dmg per totem and around 32% cold dmg per totem from idols, spriggan’s can get 1024% cold spell dmg ez. Now question is does this 512% inc dmg beat 25% more dmg and the monstrous amount of health in druid :thinking:

Also btw I found out that Legacy of the quiet forest’s rage gen snapshots so you can equip it, transform and it stays until you transform back.

It always has.

Can you share your build planner please? I have issues with sustaining rage.

End Goal: Druid, Level 100 (LE Beta 0.8.4) - Last Epoch Build Planner
Current character @ lvl 57: Druid, Level 57 (LE Beta 0.8.4) - Last Epoch Build Planner

1 Like

Can Blossoming Garden proc on your self or only allies?

Should be only allies but you can spec into healing yourself when it heals an ally.