What reason is there?

It occurs to me if the OP played the game in a less stable state for the last 3 years and was enjoying it, why they chose now to finally decide to be this upset about their experience supports my theory. I don’t think someone who was that devoted would suddenly join a team and start advertising another game on the forum just because of one bug that will likely be fixed in a patch or two. Pretty obvious to anyone that’s kind of strange.

I don’t think OP ‘joined a team’, I think they just want to play a new arpg for them, and d4 is shiny and there being doted upon by a lot of people lmao

1 Like

Especially considering how confident they are that it works and won’t be a waste of their time. I wonder if the first time it has a game breaking bug they’ll start advertising LE on the other game’s forum. (As if a triple A company would tolerate that anyway, but that’s a separate issue.)

What’s especially funny about that is if the OP feels EHG hasn’t been listening to them lately, I’d be pretty curious how they’d feel once they realize triple-A companies don’t care about them as a customer and will most likely never listen to their concerns or criticisms.

Just strikes as one of those situations where someone is saying they want one thing but then is promoting something completely different.

1 Like

Idk if you don’t really use the internet much or anything, but it’s pretty easy to be confident about how you’ll feel playing D4 atm. People re absolutely loving it, across a wide range of different types of people. It has its issues, but like, it’s just disingenuous to pretend it’s odd to be confident the games good.

Now if we want to talk about someone being suspicious about how they talk about video games, well, it’s not really being hidden much (this is a joke, im joking, i dont think your being paid by ehg or something lmfao)

Hopefully the OP will return once they’ve made some criticisms of the other game they’re advertising and let us know how good the customer service is when they find bugs or have issues. Maybe let us know how the community takes it when they post about it on their forums. It’d be really interesting to get an update to know how that goes.

I mean if you want to bring customer service into it I have 3 unanswered tickets to ehg’s, with the first being a week or so before 0.9 launched, 1 the second week of 0.9, and one about a month after 0.9.

Theres similiar accounts from other people, you can also go look through the customer support side of these forums. Bringing up customer support is extremely not what you think it is here.

2 Likes

From what I’ve been told, most of the issues people have been having since 0.9 have been corrected. If there’s still issues being had, I mean, it wasn’t that long ago in terms of development time. Anything more recent than that is even more recent. Some of my tickets haven’t been answered personally, but I’m sure they’re things they’re working on.

But what more has earned my respect recently is the changes to the cash shop rollout. I haven’t seen any small company respond that quickly to a complaint about a system like that before. Really encouraging.

If OP is dissatisfied with a less than perfect effort, I just don’t see based on EHG’s effort recently why now is the best time to complain about it. Seems like that would’ve been the few days or weeks after 0.9 actually rolled out. This was early March when this actually happened. Definitely causes me to raise an eyebrow.

2 of the things I’ve tried to raise with customer support aren’t to do with game bugs. Make the excuses you want, I mean, you’re definitely still in the honeymoon phase with LE somehow, all the respect to you for that. But people are allowed to complain, also OP might have only just started playing again, that’s what it sounds like. Not everyone is playing games every day of every week non stop.

Forums aren’t just for constructive criticism for the devs, they’re for people to share any of their thoughts about the game, OP"s is that it’s in a dire state, and they want to be playing an arpg right now, but LE is too buggy for them to be able to. That’s valid. Doesn’t have to be some suspicious ‘oh no they’re joining the other team!’ thing lol

1 Like

The common refrain of the recent posts of “I’m going to go play X” are definitely unacceptable though. It’s clear when people join a team because of the effort they make, the way they behave, etc. Humans been up to this stuff for a long time now. Doesn’t even really require the amount of analysis I put forward here. (Though I was glad to do it.)

OP: I hope you have fun. Come back and let us know your feelings awhile from now. We’ll still be here enjoying LE. (Hopefully.)

Maybe the devs will add a tinfoil cosmetic for you.

Hopefully if the game is actually buggy or has issues, someone over there will listen to you. I actually hope everyone has a good time playing the game they like. Just wish our conversations around here could be less petty than this in this meantime.

Because there is only “Indie Shop” and “Multi-Billion Dollar Corporation” as options? The Slormancer is done by an indie shop – it’s basically one guy doing it after his real job.

If you want to be seen as a potential replacement for AA or AAA games, then you really need to act like it. So, that excuse no longer holds water. Or are we going to still consider GGG an “indie shop” as well? You know, they aren’t as big as Microsoft, Apple or Blizzard… and there’s only 2 options for developer categorization

You mean the timing how LE is still rolling out buggy patches, and hasn’t delivered a complete game, while D4 is a new game, fresh out of the gate, with quite a bit of polish? Yeah, suspicious timing there…

Where’s my tinfoil hat…

1 Like

It was less than 25% & we don’t know how much cash was involved. It feels like as soon as people see TenCent are an investor they assume that EHG are owned lock stock & that they now have access to massive amounts of cash.

Yeah, and why wouldn’t they be interested in or at the very least aware of D4? That’s a bit of a weird concept, Mike has said that they play D4… This isn’t Harry Potter, we can name the other games in the genre…

I’m really not sure LE was less stable prior to 0.9, all of the old bugs having returned & the nature if mp meaning some will always have connection issues even at the best of times…

1 Like

Sorry but they are 2 peoples working on it :fr:

You will be pleased to know, that the blizzard devs are listening to the community, with some instant fixes, that are actual fixes, that actually do what they say, fix it. Also they have listened regarding other stuff that will take a bit of time to get in.

LE is in a very shoddy state right now, the fixes dont fix anything, in fact they seem to add more breaks than anything else.

People are also allowed to play other games, and for the record Diablo 4 is a very enjoyable game, with more depth than some people understand, but thats ok, its not for everyone. The MP side of things work, no jumping through hoops to join other people, and it works very nicely, with little to no lag, rubber banding etc. Thats why people are playing it and raving about it.

The MTX is cheaper than LE, and looks incredible, complete opposite over here.

1 Like

Er… I will if the devs spend time adding a MTX shop instead of fixing those bugs.

There is a game-killing bug right now where echoes just hang on load VERY often and the player needs to kill the game to get out of it. Game killing and been present for several days now.

2 Likes

I’m 52, not some 5-year-old throwing their toys out of the pram. People like me are why gaming started and has become the multi-billion industry it is today. It’s no mass conspiracy idea to bring EHG down, that’s a pathetic and ridiculous idea tbh.

I’ve played Diablo since the original and I’ve had thousands of hours of fun with D1, D2 and some D3. I’ve defiantly been vocal about the issues with D3 over the years but the game worked, the very few times it broke it was fixed within hours NOT DAYS. And that’s a game that had no MTX shop and you paid for just that game and possibly an expansions and the Necro.

Now anyone who knows about RPGs, knows Blizzard is no longer the great company it was and Bobby Kotick of Activision is basically cancer to gaming. Hence why for the first time I didn’t purchase a Diablo game on launch. I’m convinced that even though they say D4 will not be paid to win, sooner or later Bobby Kotick will find some way to put it in the game and milk the community. Also, Last Epoch has been fulfilling my ARPG needs for some time and I didn’t see the need to buy a new one.

So why did I buy it, Simple It works when I launch it and doesn’t crash on me and SPOILS the limited gaming time I have. I’ve supported EHG since 2020 and the game isn’t even the same as the one I joined early access to. It looks and plays nothing like it. There have been many times I couldn’t play LP and although annoying, I understood it was early access and that’s the price you pay for a cheaper early entry fee. so why is it different now? Because the game is supposedly 6 months or less from launch and as people have said, it’s no longer some very small indie development company. It has many more staff, a serious investment from Tensense and a history of being far more stable and playable. Plus the most important part is if it has available staff members or even one whose time can be spent adding an MTX shop to a game not even FINISHED. Then it has the resources to fix a bug in a game that has made it very frustrating and NOT FUN to play this weekend and NOT take days to do it.

I’ve played D4 for a few hours, is it perfect? Well I have a 60 MB download and the game was only downloading at 5.3 MB, not a great start but I’ve had fun for the 2 hours I’ve played and guess what. IT WORKED and didn’t once have a BUG that ruined my game time. I will of course come back and try LP here and there but I have my doughts it will be launched this year. I hope I’m wrong but we will wait and see.

Thxs for reading the wall of text and I’m sorry if some of you don’t agree or are offended by my post but the simple fact is I have no reason to join or start a conspiracy to bring EHG to their knees or bankrupt them. It is the fact as I basically see them and how I feel after 3 years of support. I’ve spent time posting this instead of playing D4 because I’m on my lunch break and am not at my gaming computer.

2 Likes

The thing I buy the least of what’s been said here is that any long-term Blizzard fan who played the original games and enjoyed them would be very excited about the new game they just released. I’m an old. (Like, real old.) I know I can’t offer receipts on that, you’ll just have to take my word for it. But I and several of my friends who played the original Blizzard lineup back in the 90’s are not at all excited about this one. As franchises go, it’s unrecognizable. And the company itself is more unlikable than it’s ever been, in terms of what they think of the fans and how they treat the existing content. I haven’t seen a single reason in the last 10 years to support them, and I used to be a super-fan. That’s one of the major reasons I ended up here playing LE in the first place, was the joy I felt playing those games.

As an aside, I will also say that this thread is nothing if not an essay on how to compose one’s self when facing an ideological or information campaign where a good faith discussion is not the goal of some of the people posting. The lesson is clear: Never give up the moral high ground. If someone is mocking you for having a good attitude and being friendly, that damages their personal respect for themselves and their credibility far more than their mocking hurts any point that you’re making. This is especially the case if they appear to be doing what they’re doing on behalf of their faction or team. Smiling and giving a thumbs up is the best thing you can do when anyone presents themselves to you as an unruly mob. (At least if it’s happening online. If that happens in real life, you obviously want to lock your door and call the cops.) There’s only so long someone can remain popular for throwing stones, and the lifetime of arguments that lack substance is much shorter than those that don’t. You just have to be patient and believe that eventually cooler heads will prevail. Even if they don’t always, that’s really the only hope reason and rationality has, in the end: That being the hope that people will eventually choose to communicate and work out their differences instead of fighting. We could all use a lot more of the former and a lot less of the latter these days.

Sorry that everyone else is lesser than you when it comes to how they compose themselves on the internet, we’ll all try harder to meet your level of saying someones working for another arpgs team when they say ‘im going to play this one that isn’t as buggy’, as we all know, that’s where being a nice, respectable person, lies.

1 Like

Did you mean to reply to someone else? I mean I agree with almost all you typed but it doesn’t really make sense as a reply to my post.

1 Like