What is this rng? LOTS of high-quality Necro items

So, yeah… I’m 32lvl Sorcerer and so far the good items I’m getting are for Necro…

• 4/8 of my idols are mainly for minions (dmg, res). The ones that give extra dmg% (around 5/8) have poison/necrotic dmg. None of them have any of the elemental-type dmg.
  • I have found only 2 set items so far, BOTH of the same set for Necro (Pebble belt and Pebble relic).
  • My best wand is an Oak one (minion damage embedded) which happened to have good stats for elemental dmg.

What is happening with this rng? I encounter the ‘minion’ keyword like in 50% of the drops. Is Necro boosted at this level range? Should I expect some decent Sorcerer drops in higher levels?

1 Like

I think it’s because lots of classes have some form of minions. My stash is full of minion uniques, I don’t have a single unique I would use at level 70 but I’m not struggling.

Trying to get ignivars head which is only unique I need is driving me mad

You are level 32… there are no such things as good items on lvl 32 outside of some build defining uniques.
On top of it get a good lootfilter because 90% of the loot that drops is trash for the class you play or even bad at all.

I thought it was just me. I just gave up on my lv. 35 meteor sorc and my stash with legendaries and uniques are full of necromancer class stuff. I don’t like that class much, well in other AARPGs at least. I guess the game is telling me to play a necro or something and that sorc is trash.

It’s not just you, I’m lvl 80 Spellblade with loot filter for Shatterstrike build (from maxroll).

I got 2 tabs full of legendary and exalted items and none of them is usable for my class, and as you said a lot of items have necro stats for whatever reason.

I’ve got swords that I’ve been using since lv 68 lol and gloves that i got at level 20-ish or something.

Currently stuck at lv85 mono cause of the gear,cant clear it.

Necro isn’t the only minion spec, lol

Nearly every class has minions they can summon.

Spellblade also? I mean there’s one skill that summons mirror image that turn into minions,but it’s short.

I said nearly every class, not every class.