What is fun about gold?

What is fun about gold?

What is fun about periodically running out of shattering runes because I didn’t remember to visit the shop and buy 2-4 more of them every time I reset an echo?

Why can items even be sold if they sell for so little gold that as soon as you sell them you realize you have wasted the time it took to click, and should just have never picked up the item in the first place?

Why do gold shrines give so little gold, relative to the things you do with gold? Why do gold echo rewards give so little gold?

What is the point of any of this?

I mean… What is fun about Generic Disposable Currency in any game? What is fun about engaging with Limited Resources in any game?

It doesn’t need to be fun to serve a purpose.

Fundamentally there isn’t any point to any of this. It’s all made up and only has whatever meaning in your life that you choose to give to it.

That’s like asking what’s fun about money? There’s nothing inherently fun about money…it’s what it can do for you that’s fun. So, in respect to in-game gold, it can do several things for you, such as:

• respec passive points
  • purchase vendor items
  • gamble leveling items
  • purchase stash tabs
  • purchase rewards from The Vaults of Uncertain Fate within the Lightless Arbor dungeon
  • and likely more to come

Some of these are obviously more fun to do than others, but some kind of resource is needed for these services so why not have that resource be gold?

As far as why items sell for what they do – it’s actually by design. As stated by the developers:

The gold shrines have been buffed more times than I can remember, but perhaps they need to be buffed again…who knows. It’s all a balancing act as to how much gold is given to the player over ‘x’ amount of time. Personally, I felt like I needed more gold than I could reasonably get when I first started the game but over time, especially as I pushed characters into harder content, I found that I would accumulate excess amounts (millions worth) of gold that I could then use for those items I listed above.

5 Likes

If you run out of runes and glyphs, run the respective echoes for the rewards. This will boost your crafting materials.

I like counting it. It makes me feel warm & fuzzy when I’m not at work.

1 Like

I prefer going swimming in it myself.

But that just makes it all dirty. And not in a good way.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.