What is Flamethrower from Shade of Orobyss?

I keep dying to this and losing corruption. I don’t even see it on my screen EVER and it just deletes me every time. Anyone else experiencing it?

Do you mean the big fire cone ability?
It has a wind-up time and telegraph on the Shade’s Hand (big fire ball charging up in his hand). Once the Shade starts winding-up it will lock onto where you stood at that time and no longer move. So you can easily step out of it.

If you are interested, here I show all the different shade abilities. (I put a time stamp for the Fire Shade in)

Also to note, you do not “lose corruption”. You only lose the bonus corruption you can gain from that particualr shade, if you died. And if oyu ahve any Gaze of orobyss stacks, those will be lost as well.
You can still do another Shade Node on the echo to get all of the bonus corruption.

Another note: Every shade node on the echo web is randomly generated, but when you fight it multiple times the shade on each individual node will always be the exact same, with the exact same move set.

If you find a partiuclar sahde too hard for your build you can try another one.
You can teleport out of the fight without losing anything.

1 Like

Here, this is what I mean

It feels like I’m losing corruption when I lose the gaze stacks, it’s time invested that doesn’t come back.

I’m not saying its broken or anything, just trying to understand what happened here. What am I missing?

and again.

probably lost more than 15 gaze stacks to this. i’ve reached 809 corruption and i’m one shotting everything through maps, but when i get to collect my corruption this happens every now and then.

I’m having the same problem. No animation or anything, my character just falls flat for no reason. Hopefully they patch this soon because this is sorta ridiculous lol

I wonder if those mines are doing something other than sitting there and blowing up. That is really weird and that’s when the damage is taken despite not being near the mines themselves.

Imagine if there’s supposed to be a flamethrower animation from each of the mines that telegraph the line and you gotta move away, but instead there’s no graphic on the telegraph or animation xD.

Just delete it from the game it’s so bad

Happening to me as well. There are a lot of things in the Shade fight that just seems to kill you randomly, sometimes without ever showing up on screen or telegraphing.

The VFX of certain abilities sometimes does not play, I think that is a online issue, not entirely sure.

The Fire Cone Abilities does however has a very clear windup animation, the Shade is channeling a Fireball in both of his hands.

One tip that I generally would give you, not only for this specifrica ability but for Shades in general, stay closer to him.

You are always a screen away from it, sometimes don’t even seeing the Shade itself.

The Shade gives you cues about the skills it is about to cast, but you can’t see them a lot of the time.

There is literally no reason to be this far away from the shade. (especially in the first video).

Here is a video that I did showcasing all of the Shade abilities. Its pretty old but still relevant.
I timestamped it with the fire shade.

1 Like