What formula is game using to decide Erasing Strikes DPS?

What formula is game using to decide Erasing Strikes DPS? There’s no way it can be working properly as I come no where near doing 75,809 damage per second with it. Especially since it has a 5 second cooldown, and I can only use it twice before cooldown starts.

So, most of the tooltip DPS is still very much a WIP. That being said, if you tested this on the Dummy in the End of Time I think you might be surprised, it’s likely doing close (ish) to that amount of damage.

High Mana Cost and/or CD skills do not work very well with the Tooltip dps.

Things like Attack/Cast Speed sometimes do change their Tooltip dps quite significantly.

Also one thing that is calculated within the Tooltip dps are ailments.
These often time also give a lot of Tooltip dps even though you can’t spam that particular skill.

One of the most extreme examples of this would be Meteor, you can reach 1000000+ Tooltip dps with it, but no build could actually use it more than a few times in a row.

Monster resists and armor can reduce the damage by a lot. I assume the tooltips shows the optimal dps on a dummy without any resists.

I think i had like 10k with Disintegrate in imperial era but it tickled the enemies.
Was about a year ago, when i last time played mage. But i guess the damage reduction/resists and armor for monsters have not changed much.

The vast majority of mobs don’t have resist or armour, but they do have % damage mitigation based on area level.

Tooltip dps does not factor in any of the enemies defensive properties (which many of the mbos in LE don’t have anyway)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.