What exactly happens when you combine these 3 items?

Orian’s Eye → Kilning Adorned Idol of something → Ravenous Void → Orian’s Eye → and so on

LINK: Orian's Eye - Unique Oracle Amulet - Amulet - Last Epoch Item Database
LINK: Fire Damage Taken As Physical - Item prefixes - Last Epoch Item Database
LINK: Ravenous Void - Unique Gluttonous Gloves - Gloves - Last Epoch Item Database

Does this always result in “one-time conversions”?
→ E.g. Void to fire and then it’s over.

Or does this run through each object ONCE?
→ E.g. Void to Fire to Physical and then it’s over.

Or…?
→ See above.

1 Like

I believe the robust answer is Conversion from are tackled left to right in the character sheet from the ‘from’ perspective. That would mean from fire to any other is tackled first and from void to x is tackled last and it goes through once.

This was based on Mike’s answer of a similar question on the discord.
Edit Going over this again i recall Mike being confused to the direction, if it was left to right or right to left. For now I am assuming right to left.

This is the usual way that LE handles conversions… its usually a one time conversion that doesnt chain. As to which is converted first… As per @nerdherdv02 comments - if @EHG_Mike gave the priority order then thats probably how it works.

@nerdherdv02 @vapourfire

So is it correct as follows?

Case a) Fire damage comes in.
→ These become Physical by Kilning Ardorned Idol, then Void by Ravenous Void, and finally Fire again [greatly reduced, of course] by Orian’s Eye.

Case b) Physical damage comes in.
→ These become Void by Ravenous Void, then Fire by Orian’s Eye, and finally Physical again [greatly reduced, of course] by Kilning Ardorned Idol.

Case c) Void damage comes in.
→ These become Fire by Orian’s Eye, then Physical by Kilning Ardorned Idol, and finally void again [greatly reduced, of course] by Ravenous Void.

If so, that’s all I wanted to know confirmed, thanks.

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

I believe only case a is correct. All conversion stops at Orion’s eye since it is the one taking void to something else.

Going over this again i recall Mike being confused to the direction, if it was left to right or right to left. For now I am assuming right to left.

But that would be really bad if Fire [in this example] would be fully implemented in this way, but the other damage types would disregard/eliminate properties of (Legendary) Items.

Still hope my 3 examples above are correct.

Thanks for asking Mike again.

This is actually a very interesting question… But I think only Mike & Co will be able to answer it definitively…

@EHG_Mike

Can EHG announce anything on this yet, or is that not possible at this time?
→ I would be very interested in this. :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s not possible at this time for LE to do multiple conversions (as they have said on Discord).

Thanks for answering.
→ I only read here in the forum. [Maybe EHG could/should spread the more important statements here in the forum too?[

So that means, if I would use for example ONLY the legendary “Orian’s Eye” and it would get Void damage in I could save the Void resistances because it would be converted to 100%.

But if I would wear the legendary “Orian’s Eye” AND the legendary Ravenous Void Gloves as a second example, I would need void resistances again because of the physical-to-void conversion.

So now right?

Translated with DeepL Translate: The world's most accurate translator (free version)

25% of Physical damage taken is converted to void.
100% of Void damage taken is converted to fire.
Fire damage taken is converted to physical at the percentage rate that you have on idols.

No damage is converted twice. So, if you have all 3, you’ve really just redistributed the incoming damage types in a weird way. It’s generally not overly useful to have all 3.

3 Likes

Thank you very much for your clarification.

Yes, except for 100% conversions or “anything to physical on hit” really makes little sense then.

Will it stay that way in the future or are multiple conversions still on the cards?

If we were to add multiple conversion support, we would have to make absolutely sure that cyclical chains weren’t possible. This would restrict the options we have in making items and create a design debt that we just don’t like having.

Chaining multiples together to force all damage into one type and then stacking special DR for it would be cool but it would only work in very very specific ways and for performance sake would probably require us to have one line that it takes. So for example, if you had Fire → Void → Physical, it would work but if you went Fire → Cold → Physical it wouldn’t because let’s say the cold to physical happens before the fire to cold. Then we have this huge amount of edge cases that people need to study to see if the combo they want to use works.

Keeping it as one conversion only makes things much more easy to understand as there is only one extra rule you need to know:

Damage only converts once.

2 Likes

Off the top of my head I like

Bleed to Frostbite [Warcry → Jormu’s Wrath]
VS
Bleed to Ignite [Maehlin’s Hubris]

comes to mind. How does this work?

Thanks again, just want LE to be really good. :slightly_smiling_face: This is my last question today, I promise.

@Llama8
Do you know this? Then I don’t have to bother Mike any further.

From memory, conversion from items overrides conversion from skill nodes which given what Mike said, means that the item conversion happens first. But that’s a relatively easy thing to test, take the node & equip the gloves & see whether you get ignites or not.

Ok, the gloves convert Shredding Hole from Warcry Tree to Ignite, so no more Frostbites through Jormun’s Wrath.

You know, testing it out is nice. I prefer to read it in black and white from someone who should know.

Nevertheless, this case is solved satisfactorily, a final thank you to all involved. :+1:

PS:
If the doll in the city sees me even from afar, she already hides. That was clearly more than enough blows. :axe:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.