We have officially moved our forums over to the Discourse package.
Here’s a list outlining some of the changes;
- There is now a preview pane to the right of the post box.
- A draft of your post will periodically be saved server-side.
- It is once again possible to upload attachments to the forum.
- It is now possible to embed a poll into your post.
- There is now an emoji bank, complete with multiple skin colours.
- Class sections now support tagging threads as their respective mastery classes.
- Threads in Feedback and Suggestions can now be voted on.
- Threads in Customer Service, Technical Support, and Bug Reports can be marked as Solved.
- Their solutions will be embedded into the first post of the thread.
- New threads in Bug Reports come with templates, explaining what information is needed.
- Threads are no longer divided into pages of 10 posts.
- It is now possible to Bookmark threads for later reading.
- Threads can be viewed in order of creation or popularity.
- Many links will now show a preview (known as a ‘onebox’).
- The forum will show which threads were posted since your last visit.
- Threads in Customer Service, Technical Support, and Bug Reports can now be assigned to specific members of staff. See that your issue is being taken seriously!
- You will be sent a notification when your post is quoted.
- You are now able to tag other users in your post.
- You will now be sent a notification when tagged in a post.
- It is now possible - but optional! - to enable desktop notifications.
- Private Messages now have their own dedicated Report button.
- Each user gradually gets additional forum privileges over time.
- Posts edited by a moderator become locked. No more reverting moderation!
- Private Messages sent by moderators can be flagged as warnings.
- It is now possible to assign notes to users, visible only to moderators.
- Loading times and responsiveness have been greatly improved.
- There is now a library of avatars (this will be expanded over time).
- Staff can now post replies visible only to staff in publicly visible threads.
- Various forum features are now themed more consistently.
- Many bugs from the previous forum aren’t present on this one.
Now that we have a much better forum, you can expect us to be more active here!
Something to look forward to later this week is a ‘State of the Game’ thread which contains some information on what has currently been implemented into the alpha, what’s coming later in development, and when various things were added. The thread focuses on the past, present, and future - how appropriate for the forum about a game with time travel!
Edit: We have decided to delay the aforementioned thread.