Weapon swap. Why not?

Just wondering why not. Because sometimes is some builds it’s super versatile and interesting.

It might be useful for some builds in the future, idk.

Personally, every build I’ve played or read up on that dual wields takes the stats from both weapons and pools them anyway.

I don’t know if there are even any uniques in the game yet that could be dual wielded that would provide different triggers/abilities depending on which slot they were in? Perhaps one of the “gurus” would be able to provide more insight?

I think OP is talking about using 2 entirely different weapons sets.

Currently, since almost everything snap shots stats, different weapon sets would be bad, since they incentivice always sawpping weapons before doing certain abilities.

While there might be a place for it at some point, when there are enough interesting skills or weapons, I don’t think different weapon sets would offer anything currently.

Weapons are literally just stat sticks.

The only scenario, where i could see this being used would be swapping between DW and 1H+Shield or 2H and 1H+Shield just for teh defensive boost on a very difficult bossfight or timeline, when oyu have nasty modifiers.

3 Likes

In my opinion we can use into swamp 1 a full damage configuration and swap 2 a defensive layer with less damage for bosses.

Sometimes I missing somethings like that.

Which you can do now it’s just not as convenient as having 1 button to do it, especially if you’re trying to switch between a 2h weapon and anything else.

Ah, yes, I see what you mean. With that interpretation I can see the merits of it long term, but as you say until snapshotting is done away with it would be quite bad at present.

1 Like

Yeah I am totally for more diversity and different “tactics”, but stuff like this can very easily become mandatory/most efficient and for me it would feel annoying on many builds.

2 Likes

Agreed with @Heavy
For me weapon swaps and snap shotting can remain in a dumpster.

1 Like

Weapon swapping could be really cool. EHG could implement a Weapon Swap cooldown so you could not swip-swap (created this word by myself- cool right?) forth an back just for buffing.

But also they could implement cool stuff like additional effects for the weapon swap. Like

• Knockback enemies
  • stun them
  • trigger an explosion, frost nova, etc…
  • dodge roll backwards
  • reset cooldown of movement skills

Yes, you could snapshot minion stats for summons. But you can do this currently, too. And people do this, just in an inconvenient way.

Agree. It’s been my experience/observation that, in games with a weapon swap, it’s rarely used in an interesting or engaging way - just for gimmicky shenanigans that border on abusive. I think the game is much better off without it.

2 Likes

Players primarily using functionality to boost their power as much as possible rather than for it’s intended functionality, colour me surprised…

1 Like

Yeah. Like, almost nobody uses weapon swapping to contextually play differently depending on what they’re facing. It’s almost always “I have stat sticks in my off slots that are ass for actual combat but amazing for casting XYZ buffs, so I’ll just swap over periodically to buff myself up and then use my real weapons the rest of the time”.

1 Like

Well, I use. Specially if the weapon 2 has maxive leech life and the primary weapon not. This is only one exemple

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.