We Want to Hear From You! Let's Talk Controller Support

Hey Travelers,

As we continue to work on gamepad (controller) support, we’d like to learn more about your preferences and how you’d like to see gamepad support evolve in Last Epoch going forwards.

To that end, we’ve prepared a short survey featuring nine questions. We’d really appreciate it if you would take the time to fill it out and send it to us. We look forward to hearing from you!

Here’s a link!

2 Likes

So I guess I should try it out. But I can say up front the most messy thing about gamepads in ARPGs is inventory management Even Diablo 3 who completely redesigned the inventory system for D3 on consoles has the issue of having to many tabs to click though for different gear slots and things. Don’t get me wrong I feel it the best by a longshot over something like PoE on console but it’s still a big mess of menus to go through. I’ll try out the gamepad support and get back to the survey.

1 Like

Forgot to mention this in the survey but please spend some time making a good, official Steam controller layout and post it to the Steam controller config share widget so people can find it

I’m certainly looking forward to any new controller improvements, especially these (which I imagine this survey is related to):

Also, improving how loot is picked up using a controller would be another welcome addition.

This is likely to get someone riled up but…

Please finish the game itself before worrying about controller support. I understand that people like controllers and that it would be good for them to be supported but if its a decision that requires prioritising devs time and effort, I’d personally prefer it be spent on the game first.

:crazy_face:

Isn’t that like saying, “I know the mouse & keyboard don’t work properly so you can’t control your character, but please finish the rest of the game before making a control scheme work”?

3 Likes

I’m just going to throw this out here. Controller support is nice if medical reasons make using a mouse and keyboard difficult. Honestly, even making alt keybinding like you do in-game makes it much easier than a lot of games that I’ve played(trackball with extra buttons to reduce arm movements).

3 Likes

I never use a gamepad… prefer mouse and keyboard to every other input method. Do you still want me to fill out the survey? :wink:

I have no interest at all for a controller with this kind of game. I understand that some people do, but I really don’t. I filled the survey though.

I am interested in pc controller. If you want feedback just look at how it has been implemented in the game “magic legends”. Thanks

2 Likes

I have an Nvidia Shield being delivered today and was going to try streaming this game to my OLED TV. Not sure how well this game will work with a PS5 controller but I also have an old Steam controller I can try. Hoping something will work. This may sound crazy, but since getting the next gen consoles, I prefer gaming on my OLED because of how much better everything looks vs. my X35 Predator monitor. It was never even a consideration before because the frame rates were so low on the older consoles. My new OLED does a much better job with HDR and VRR. I’m about to buy this game now to try so any info about getting to run with an Nvidia Shield and controller would be appreciated. Any Steam controller profiles out there?

In summary, I feel that the response time of the controller for motion actions is too slow and its configuration in the menu, very confusing.

For me it would be enough if the controller could be used to play games and then in the menus etc use keyboard and mouse.

Thank you very much for your work

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.