Warpath's smite node "nearby" = melee range?

Is there a standard definition of “nearby”? When I skilled the winds of justice node for warpath to get smite chance, I definitely does not expect “nearby” to be melee standard attack range. I would have assumed “nearby” would cover warpath area of effectm

Is this intended? Because it seem counterintuitive to go that much closer to the enemy to proc smite when warpath aoe is almost 2-3x the proc distance.

The radius of the “city doll” is equal to “nearby”.

1 Like

You mean the dummy? Because it is definitely not the case for warpath smite. I have to test it out with real enemies because the smite does not proc on the dummy.

Abilities/spells etc. that run by “Automatic Target Acquisition” do not acquire the city doll.
It’s the same with the automatic shooting part of the Devouring Orbs or the automatic targeting of Minions (even if you can press A), etc.

However that particular node will only proc Smites on mobs within the AoE of Warpath.

That’s because the dummy is neutral & the procs require an enemy.

1 Like

Whoever asks for “nearby” will not get “Leberwurst”, but hopefully the explanation to/for “nearby”. :grin:
+
Another nearby for Warpath sounds like a bug or bad wording.

Well, if that is the case, then the current node is either buggy or have poor phrasing. Please let it be a bug because otherwise, that node is so underwhelming if I have to enter deep to enemy zone to proc smite.

Yeah, I think it’s the only node that says “nearby” that is different to every other node that says “nearby”.

“Tell me you’re a node not worth taking, without telling me you’re a node not worth taking.”

:smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.