Warpath hit rate claculation

Hi there, I’m currently playing a Warpath Void Knight and I wanted a way to figure out the best way of scaling my damage so I started working on a dps calculator for it, seeing as LE Builder doesnt support it and the ingame training dummy doesnt show dps either.

The numbers for average hit and crit damage and so on that the spreadsheet puts out seem to line up pretty well with what I’m seeing ingame, however what doesn’t really make any sense to me is Warpaths hit rate.

From various sources I pieced together that I need to take the base attackspeed (1.02) of my weapon, multiply by the summed up % increased attackspeed I have (36%) and then multiply by 2 (“Hits at twice your attackrate” warpath tooltip).’

With my current stats that adds up to anywhere between 2.57 and 2.77 hits per second (depending on how “reduced attackspeed” is factored in).

However, a slowed down recording of bashing on the target dummy shows about 3.8 hits per second (38 over 10 seconds).

Additionally, this article (Warpath - Last Epoch Skills) lists a “Base speed” of 4.783 that “scales with attackspeed” which also doesn’t match my ingame numbers and just confuses me more.

Now, I know I could just slap 3.8 into the spreadsheet and move on but that would be incredibly unsatisfying to me, I’d much rather understand whats going on. Any ideas?

1 Like

Could you upload your character to the build planner and link it?

Can do:

(its probably important to note that I made sure not to use any other abilities that would buff me, like devouring orb or volatile reversal and I made sure not to spawn any echoes)

was this unbuffed? you have additional attack speed from volatile reversal (30%) and devouring orb (6%).
1.02 x 1,65 x 2 = 3.366

edit: nevermind, i should read:

Update:
darthpsykoz on reddit suggested that based on his testing it seems like the base hit rate for all melee skills is 1.5 rather than 1.
For warpath this would ofcourse be doubled and with these new numbers my spreadsheet comes up with 3.86 hits per second which perfectly matches my test results ingame.

2 Likes

This is for “regular” skills that just deal damage and that’s about it. Warpath is set up differently, it’s a channeled-type skill (well, kinda) that actually applies hits periodically every 0.341 seconds as seen here:

warpath_hit

This leads to 2.93 attacks per second.

ohhh, I thought cast delay was like the time between pressing the button and it starting to actually deal damage or something (which I guess technically it is, just also between attacks) . This is very good to know, thanks!

I understand your confusion as this is, in my opinion, improper use of the term “cast delay”. Especially since you have the “base speed” right above it, which most people would understand as the speed of attacks. There are a lot of tool tips that are in a desperate need of attention. Hopefully once they launch and flush out MP, which is their big issue right now, they will spend some time polishing some of the wording(s) in the game as they are sometimes ambiguous.

Is this before or after “Hits at twice your attack rate” written in skill description? Or is that part of skill not relevant at all?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.