Ward Spellblade

Once again, thoroughly enjoy the game. However, I have a question about the percent chance of gaining ward in terms of a spellblade mage (slightly sorcerer as well).

I’ve been trying to consistently gain ward back as a melee mage, but the percent chance is so low (even though the amount gained is rather high). I know that spells and passives aren’t balanced at the moment, but just from experience when playing the class it seems rather inconsistent to gain ward back at a steady rate.

Personally was thinking of having the percent chance increased in several ways with a smaller amount of ward gained on the percent. Just to compare to other classes, the void knight passive “World Eater” gives a flat percent leech increase in health based on “melee/void damage” which has a steady amount gained (easier to play around). Ward on the other hand just seems to have such a small percent possible to gain any constant amount that it just doesn’t seem to flow well.

I would be all in favor of significantly decreasing the amount of ward gained from spells/passives as well as the percent of ward retention if the percent chance to gain ward were to also significantly increase. What that balance between ward retention/amount and percent chance of getting ward is at the moment I don’t have an answer to that, but just a thought in terms of gaining ward stability for spellblade mages in terms of my experience.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback!

I can completely understand that feeling like your character’s survivability is being dictated by RNG wouldn’t be fun. I’ll speak to the team about this and see where the discussion goes.

4 Likes

Okay, great. Thank you for taking time to read it and I’ll be looking forward to what happens.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.