Warcry, New Beastmaster Skill Coming Later This Week

The shout barb was one of my favorite D2 builds. If it does decent damage and has a very fast cast speed, I would love to build around this. The cold spec seems great.

The variety of spec is great too. The idea of speccing it to support a melee build is neat as well.

WHAAAAAAAAATTTTTT. SORRY I CANT STOP MY WARCRY!!! lmao

We all hope that it has a cool sound!

Sound Teaser now! :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

True berserk generally is forgoing defense and breath of eterra is a healing ability, but my main gripe with the primality is he is not as tanky as I would like him or his minions aren’t. Its a either or situation. So I was hoping I could get some res or more armor… something to make him be able to take some hits if you focus on your minions.

Tbh, i am not sure what you are talking about.

Primalist has insane defenses available to him, especially beastmaster.

But since they talked about some more defense changes in the patch preview, there will be a slight shakeup.

Beastmaster can get an aweful lot of damage reduction, especially if you go low-life.

Thinking about this and I know we’ll get our answer in a day or two but…I really hope this skill is in the lower half of the passive tree so other specs can get it. The Yormun freezing version would be very thematic with some Shaman builds.

Nah, its listed as beastmaster skill which usually means its above the halfway line. If it was accessible to all they usually tag it as a Primalist skill. Assuming since flanking strike is going bye bye that its taking that location.
Edit: Nothing to see here

That’s the plan. :wink:

That has never been the case.

Warcry is obtained by spending points on Beastmaster passives, so we call it a Beastmaster skill.

How many Points to get Reforged?

Well thats great to know looking forward to all masteries using it ill edit my post not to mislead

I have to disagree with you here, on paper it might look good, but in reality it doesnt. Theres a reason only 3 BM´s made it in the top 50 (in total across all the categorys in Ladder).

If you want to go 150+ waves in Ladder with a minion build alot of your gear/passives will have to go to the defense of your pets, or they will die within seconds.
Alot of those pet defenses comes from prefix slots, which means you cant stack that many set res affixes, and then you will have to use the suffix for res, and therefore cant stack armor/dodge/life.
All the damage reduction nodes (ursine strength/boar heart) are for when enemys are close, or you are hit by melee. That wont help us when the main reason we die are ranged. Sure we have some dodge too, but we cant go heavy into it as a big part of our gear goes to pet defense.
The 20% glancing blow (10 points), or the +100 health/armor node (10 points) in druid tree really doesnt make much of a difference either.

This is strictly from a Ladder perspective (which imo does reflect how strong a char is). For story and Mono running i think the Primalist/BM is more than fine. Its my favourite, so i have no complaints there.

Not entirely, the Primal Strength node grants a 4% chance per point to proc Aspect of the Boar (15% DR or 30% with Porcine Constitution) on melee hit (whereas the base effect is when hit by melee, as you say), then if you choose to go low-life you can take the Berserker node for an additional 30% DR. Just those two effects will grant you 51% DR against everything, melee, ranged & DoTs.

EDIT (no.100, i must be tired :upside_down_face:)

I agree it all sounds good, but using a low life build takes up boot and armour slot, and going all those points into our defenses, will mean we dont have much room to focus on pet survivability. It might work ok for a hybrid, but for a pure minion build (which i belive @Itachi-Uchiha was referring to) it doesnt work too well.

This is ofc just my opinion, but i think the ladder rankings reflects this quite well

True, it does take up 2 item slots, but you also don’t have to do a pet build & Heavy never mentioned pets at all. Gearing is always going to be harder for pet builds if you try & maximise your pet survivability and your character’s survivability. My view was that part of the pet build’s defence was being able to move out of the way while your pets still DPS, therefore the player character would require lower defences.

Agree that you dont have to do a pet build, but both your and Heavys reply was to to this thread :

Which was why i focused on BM minion builds in my answers.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.