Want help for mana stacking Sorc

saw that the next patch will come with a few mana stacking improvements for sorc, going all the way up to 1000 mana.

I basically want ideas as to what skills/uniques to use if I were to go for a mana stacking Sorc when the patch releases.

Note that the priorities are mana and mana regen. I want decent dps as a result of the stacking strat(if I cannot get good dps I think I will just run something simple instead).

Fractured Crown, Unstable Core, Stormcarved Testament and Vessel of Strife are the only uniques that come to mind for Mana. FC disables Ward though, so if you don’t want to be a “Mana before Health” build, you’re stuck with good old +mana affixes on helmet and everywhere else.

Mana Regen affixes were slightly nerfed, but otherwise there were no big changes there. Stack it anywhere you can and you’ll definitely still feel the effect. Notable rework is the Wisdom passive in Sorcerer left side now gives 5% regen per 100 max mana.

Mana before Health builds use its mana pool for defense, so it is ideally combined with attack skills that don’t cost too much mana (Lightning Blast), or ideally skills that replenish mana (Mana Strike, Frost Claw, Glacier).

If you don’t pick mana as your defense, you can go wild with big mana spenders like Meteor, Volcanic Orb, Static Orb, Elemental Nova and many other spells in their mana-intensive variants. There’s a lot of true and tested options :slight_smile:

And if you want to try something completely new, then there’s also the newly reworked Disintegrate which now allows mana regen while channeling.

im planning mana stacking as well, here is what ive learned
you can only choose mana for either offense or defense
offense: stack spell cost of mana
defense: mana before health
you cant have both cuz you wouldnt want to be in a situation where you are taking damage and no mana to cast

You don’t really need to spec for mana regen, you just need to get lots of mana and it will regen faster naturally and you’ll get it on a couple of pieces and in your talents and you’ll be fine.