Wait... so no trade?

When it first came out that there’ll be a bazaar then I was 50% sure that it’ll flop because that’s the worst version of trading but none at all seems like it’s going to be dead on arrival. Especially considering that the reason why there’s been a whole extra 2 years of waiting was because they think that they have only 1 shot to make it right or something like that.
Why would anyone play LE again in December if they’ve played the beta already?

No, they haven’t said there’s no trade, they’ve only said that the Bazaar was cancelled. They have also been able to get an item transferred via the server from one character to another which would be pointless if there’s not going to be any trade. So I’d expect there to be some form of trade, we just don’t know what & when.

Because the game is fun & then we’ll be able to play with our friends?

I can find out the quotes themselves but it was claimed that the game won’t be balanced around trade and that there also won’t be an Auction House.

Now, you are talking about intent and what was plainly tested. One cannot deduce that there’s an intent for trade from just testing out the plausibility of a transfer being able to work. It very well might be that it’s just inside your party trading between players like in WoW raids and dungeons.

Very nice but surely you can understand that this being the only option isn’t very appealing to most and doesn’t change the dynamic of the game as much. Playing with your friend in the same map is more of a co-op than multiplayer and not what I assume most think when they hear that this game will be multiplayer.

Yes, but that doesn’t mean there’s not going to be any trade. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was something like D3’s where you can trade it with people who were in the party when it dropped or something. An AH is the smoothest form of trade but not the only one. Though I personally would both like an AH for the ease of trading it gives but also not want drops to be balanced around trade & yes, I’m aware that these are mutually exclusive desires.

If they’re balls-to-the-wall on adding MP functionality, why would they start work on a feature that they don’t have any intention of adding?

True, which is one of the reasons why I’m expecting there to be some form of trade, we just don’t know what it’s going to be because they’ve not made any announcements about it.

Also, while I agree that there is a section of the playerbase (including those people that haven’t actually bought the game because they’re waiting on MP) that wants trade, there’s also a non-trivial section that doesn’t want trade. I don’t think it’s reasonable to say “most” want trade since you have no stats on that just as I don’t either. Many people want trade, certainly, and I’d be very surprised if there wasn’t some form of trade in the game (though they have said that they it might not come with 0.9), we just don’t know what that form will take & when it will arrive. Hopefully 0.9 will come with a minimum of trade-in-the-party-when-the-item-was-dropped & then there’ll be something a bit more later as long as that doesn’t mean they then have to balance the drop rates around the assumption that people will trade.

I know you’re anxious for info about what’s going to happen, everybody is. Waiting sucks.

In the last two dev streams, Mike has stated that there will be some form of trade in patch 0.9. What that looks like we don’t yet know.

What we do know is that they’re currently working on trade and whatever that method of trade is will be tested with the Community Testers in the coming weeks to gather feedback on before it’s unveiled to everyone in a development blog.

4 Likes

In an essence, completing that task itself isn’t that hard; making it fully secure, non-dupable and efficient is a problem. So that is why one cannot make any deductions on intent from just the fact that they tried and some basic form worked.

Okay, I see. I don’t follow this game anymore but saw some chatter regarding the multiplayer release and then remembered all the delays and their reasoning for it, but seeing there being a certain fact that bazaar and AH are scrapped with general trade not being in 0.9.
I honestly won’t be installing the game again for just in-party trading.
Not a protest - the game isn’t bad, just no reason to do all that again.

I see, thanks for the quotes.

Entirely your prerogative, your (everyone’s) time is too valuable to spend doing something you don’t actively enjoy & one should, ideally, spend their non-work time going the most enjoyable thing. You have missed quite a few things.

My point wasn’t that the game is not enjoyable, but that the qualifier for new, fun experience comes from trade dynamics. That’s all (:

1 Like

That is entirely subjective.
Personally I don’t care one bit about trade. If it’s added, I’m fine with that but I won’t use it. To each their own.

Right now it’s just wait and see.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.