Volcanic orb and cast speed

So I run this build that use fire volcanic orb for boss and fire nova for trash clear. Question is, for optimal build, should I have cast speed on wand, catalyst, glove… or do I replace it with % fire/spell damage? My volcanic orb has 0.6s cooldown, so it seems that it will not enjoy any benefit from the cast speed. But more cast speed also means that trash clearing is much faster. So it makes me wonder really hard.

Well…

For Volcanic Orb, cast speed is unlikely going to make that much difference… you are not spamming a 70 mana cost skill so how long it takes to cast might not be that much of an issue vs its cooldown to get it ready when you need it… So thats unlikely to benefit from cast speed as much as it would from flat/increased damage.

Fire nova - probably would benefit from cast speed as your spammable dps…

What the cut off point for Fire Nova cast speed vs increase damage would be I dont know… I am sure the math experts will give you better responses…

This might seem obvious, but I would do a simple test on the dummy… remove all cast speed and see how clunky the interaction is with the two skills and how fast you can attack… Then add increased damage and see how much more damage it creates for the reduced cast speed and juggle around the two items to see where the real impact point is - i.e. where cast speed no longer makes any difference vs increased damage…

You could also use Last Epoch Build Planner Dammits planner to mess with the concept - although its hard to see the actual calcs - Dammit does have a calculation tab that has Elemental Nova (not sure how feature complete/correct the DPS calc is)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.