Void Knight or Forge Guard for Shield Throw Smiter?

The concept of the build is to use the updated Keen affix on the Adorned Rayeh idols to trigger smite on throwing hits, with Shield Throw as the primary attack, orbiting hammers circling, a javelin standard for yet more smiting, and a 5th skill, possibly shield rush, possibly volatile reversal or something else.

Both Smite (via passive) and Shield Throw (via idol) can have their damage fully converted to void, otherwise I’d convert Shield Throw to Fire. The Hammers don’t convert but you can get Disintegrating Aura if using void to take advantage of the increased void damage you’ll certainly be packing, and they will benefit from added throwing damage or increased throwing damage as well of course.

If going the Void / Void Knight route, you get added void damage (generally, throwing and spell) from the passives Temporal Corruption and Void Bolts. You get skill echos, vitality based smite scaling, and roughly 50% crit multiplier from Void Corruption.

If going the Fire / Forge Guard route, you get armor increases (which lead to damage reflection and thus damage from shield throw), crit chance, crit multiplier, and most importantly base crit rate increases for throwing attacks. You also get greater damage reduction, block chance, and general survivability. Finally since you’re going fire, and tossing out tons of hits and crits, I’d probably grab Harbinger of the Stars for the belt and drop meteors on folks heads in addition to the smites.

Both appeal to me, I think Void Knight seems like the more powerful option, but Forge Guard seems more thematically satisfying. The only items I’m 100% on so far is the Shield Throw shield, and the throwing gloves. The concept is still in its infancy and I’ll share out planners for both as I get them more developed. Let me know what you think, which route is better, and if there’s any great synergy skills or items I might be overlooking. Thanks!