Void Knight - Is there anyone had played a void spell build?

Just want to know is it possible to play spell build on Void Knight ?
So far I havent seen a pure spell build on void knight
nodes like void beam , time rot looks like no one had tounched it lol

I plan to make void smiter. No idea how good it’s going to be though.

sounds interesting
Looking forward to ur testing!
Keep it update bro :+1:

Yes I have played all kinds of Void Spell Casters in various variations.

From using a regular Wand/Scepter with a Off-Hand Catalyst or Shield, to 2H Staff (Rare or Omnividence Unique) or Sword of the Forgotten Knight.

Main damage skills included Abyssal Echoes, Smite, Anomaly (with Time Wave Node), Erasing Strike Void Beams. I usually tried staying away from Devouring Orbs, but on some builds it’s pretty good. DO is definitely the most straight forward and strongest, but I never enjoyed that skill that much.

Time Rot is usually pretty unterwhelming, but can be combined with Future Strike and other Void DoT skills.
If you don’t want to go hit based and prefer DoT based Void I would recommend Void Cleave s Ravaging Aura or Hammer Throws Disintegrating Aura.

How is the void beams damage doing in a spell build?

For trash mobs it is really good. For bosses and tough rares it is only complementary. So ideally you want some other forms of sustained dmg on top for tough enemies

so for the bosses, which skill you use to delivery dmg?
one more question I want to ask a senior player like you , how to be more tanky, I am farming empowerd mono and I die easily when I have mistake e.g. not dodge AOE in time

As stated above I did tried several variations.

One specifically using Void Beams, my favorite one was actually one were Erasing Strike s melee component was doing a lot of damage for Rares and Bosses. I used a very well crafted Staff for that, so I had the Melee and spell damage. Nowadays there are even better Staves available and Shadow Beacon can also be used for that (even when not using Do), just for the raw flat damage.
Also the dmg of void beams was buffed by 20% with 1.0 and the new Penetration Suffixes should help even more.

I haven’t played this variation in quite some time, but it needs to be better in every way today.

This is a very broad question and without specific I can’t really help you much.

Two things I can universally say though regardless of what build:

1. Layering multiple defensive layers. e.g. Health, Block, Endurance & Armor.

Don’t try to invest too much into a single one and try investing enough into multiple ones. Defensive layers most of the time work multiplicative with each other in terms of eHP. So 6 suffixes invested in armor will be less good than 3 suffixes for armor and 3 suffixes for endurance for example.

1. Get movementspeed on your boots and use a movement skill in your build. Being mobile and moving around is the best and safest way to avoid a lot of damage.
1 Like

Thanks a lot !
just knew that layering multiple defensive layers
You are really helpful!