Void damage items!?

Can someone explain me why is there so many items that improve Void damage, and converting things to void and so on when there is literelay 1 class/mastery that use void damage, and those items are not even for that class? No other class can scale trough skills or mastery points on that items and i just dont see the point of it?

You kinda responded yourself? If there are items that convert damage to Void, then all classes can use void damage, specially if there are items for other classes with void damage in them.

1 Like

Youā€™re mistaken in two things.

1. Classes and masteries are not really tied to a specific damage type.

While some passives do have bonuses for damage types specific to the class (Elemental damage for Spellblade), they also provide bonuses that are applicable to ALL damage types (attack and cast speed, crit chance, adaptive melee and spell damage). You can use these ā€œALL damageā€ passives to boost even damage types that arenā€™t commonly used by the class. Thanks to this, you can for example play a Void Spellblade.

1. They can.

You were thinking about the Void Knight being the only option, but in reality, you can play any build specced into any damage type (with varying degrees of success of course), thanks to items with non-adaptive damage like Shadow Beacon.

The idea behind these items is to expand the variety of builds you can choose to play.

Hereā€™s one such build in action :slight_smile:

1 Like

They kinda are, as you can see on the skill tags & support for particular damage types/elements in the passive trees. Void is only really supported by the Void Knight tree due to the mastery thematics, but that doesnā€™t mean the devs dontwant to do a ā€œfallenā€/void themed unique to convert particular skills to void.

It feels like you only read the quoted sentence, but ignored everything written after that sentence.

I can have for example Fire on the skill tag, and still do Void damage with the skill, and clear monoliths with it.