Void Apocalypse Speed Runner Bring Back Abyssal Echoes! 0.8.1c

Thanks for clarifying! Would you recommend taking the HO and then AE passives, even if it does not allow the increase in area and dmg, over the other options?

I honestly domt recall ill try to test it soon

1 Like

I thought/assumed the area/damage not scaling was related to the increase per kill effect rather than the void rift damage/area nodes on the left of the tree.

1 Like

Heyā€¦ Great fun buildā€¦ Does great damage running MoFs and is perfect for pushing echos into the hundreds of increased % for loads of loot farming.

However, I am finding it a little squishy re one shots vs bosses tho - not even the empowered onesā€¦ I have very similar stats to yours - 1600 health, 22% armour, 100% CSA, 30% endurance, all res above 65%, 4 capped, 42% movement speedā€¦ The huge leech easily keeps me alive in all other instances. At the moment its an exercise in kiting to deal with the final bosses and that aint funā€¦

Any suggestions?

Id recommend getting your endurance up

Endurance ok will doā€¦ not the easiest stat to increase thoā€¦

Also found that I could maintain mana without needing all 4 of the mana efficiency idols - 2 was enough (with an single affix on gear to suppliment) so I use 2 x Increased Void Damage For 4 Seconds When a Skill Echoes (got two for 150% increase). This allowed me to maintain similar damage levels while trying passives in a more defensive wayā€¦ I swapped some passives around for more health/strength/vitality and they sort of helped but not significantly enough - stength/armour seems to help the mostā€¦

If I could get this build just a little tankier it would be REALLY good. Perhaps not Regifter good, but definitely one of the best VK builds.

1 Like

Hey man awesome buildā€¦regarding time rot, the wiki says this doesnā€™t stack. Does this mean the slow effect doesnā€™t stack but the dot dmg does stack?

First, welcome to the community!

Nothing about time rots stacks I believe

1 Like

Nope, itā€™s got a max stacks of 1.

Loving the purple balls of death! I wasnā€™t getting much use out of Volatile Reversal, so I swapped out for Vengeance. The 100% Global Damage on Riposte, 46% less damage and variable 45% Void damage (up to 3 void essences) is really nice when youā€™re locked into a single target.

I struggle against single target. I donā€™t have Omnividence, so Iā€™m not sure of the impact, but bosses take long. With a level 75 Paladin I could not defeat Lagon 75: it takes so long that I always end making a mistake and dying.
Would it help if I replaced Abyssal Echoes with Rive?

You can throw rive in for sure.

OK, Iā€™ll try that. And Iā€™ll come back to Abyssal Echoes when I find Omnividence!

If you donā€™t have Omnividence or another good Oracle staff, you could try dual wielding Blades of the Forgotten Knight. You donā€™t get the +1 Void skills, but you get a much higher Void spell damage base (and if youā€™re level 75 you should already have a healthy +% damage from the VK tree, such that base damage will likely mean more than %).

To help offset the lack of -Spell cost, just shift points into the mana efficiency nodes in DO and AE. I replaced Volatile Reversal and picked up the mana efficiency node in AE that gives void resistance too (and adds a 4s cooldown, which helps me not spam it more than I need to keep the echoes running).

1 Like

I have a Mirage staff, the same base as Omnividence. I kept one when gambling, it was very good. But Iā€™ll try with the dual blades, OK.
I already maxed all Mana Efficiency nodes with the skills. My main trouble was not really mana, it was that I do very little damage against single targets. When in density, the build is awesome, probably one of the best Iā€™ve played. But when against one only target, it takes very long. And with the autocast abilities, sometimes I canā€™t react fast enough. Today, Lagon 75 killed me twice with his moon attack.
I am now level 78, in fact. My passives should be as recommended by Boardman but Iā€™ll double check. And Iā€™ll try with the two swords. Thanks! :slight_smile:

I also switched all of the Void Rift nodes in Devouring Orb over to Abyssal Orb (frequency). Iā€™m sure I was doing something wrong, but I couldnā€™t get the Void Rifts to work for me. When I switched to AO, itā€™s been an absolute face melter build (even for single target). You can go Rive as boardman suggested or try Vengeance. I really like the added damage reduction, but also the extra 145% damage on Riposte (100% global + 15% damage per Void Essence and they stack up to 3). I had some difficulty trying to play a Hybrid style that focused on both spell and melee damage (so I stuck with a pure spell damage focus), but the dual wielded Blades of the Forgotten Knight may facilitate that if it works for you.

I just checked, I donā€™t have them. I was misstook them for the Shards of the Shattered Lance. I only have the amulet. So Iā€™ll also try to find them. ^^

I would start gambling Oracle Staves (and loot filter for OS with Void damage), higher base adaptive than Mirage, which will help make up for some of the missing unique mods Omnividence provides.

I have very few gold, so thereā€™s a choice to make. Either I try to have a good Oracle staff, or I try to have the blades, or I keep trying with Omnividence.
Iā€™ll probably play another character for a while and I see what I can loot. Maybe that can help. ^^

Given that choice, Iā€™d gamble for Omnivience, try to self-craft from blue Oracle staves you find (easier to craft T5 Void Damage and Spell Crit ā€“ if you go for the Abyssal Orb direct damage instead of DoT version). Itā€™s going to be hard to gamble 2 Blades of the Forgotten Knight, youā€™re just going to have to get lucky.

The best way to farm gold is to run Fall of the Outcasts until you get the gold modifier blessing, then just run Arena where the gold drops are significantly better than Monoliths.