Void acolyte

Can you please give the acolyte void damage? Why you decided to give the necromancer access to fire damage when everyone already has that and not void, the element befitting soemone who uses blasphemous magic. The only one using void is void knight. If you want to expand on void items, you need to give more classes abilties that use void damage.

That will be Warlocks job

Acolyte/Lich has Necrotic/Poison, if anything other classes need more Necrotic and Acolyte needs more Fire support

Despite necrotic/void being antithetical to each other?

1 Like

how are they antithetical?

We dont need every class to have fire damage support

also, why would other classes use necrotic? they already have plety of damge type options

You can sort of do this with Doom. Lich has a lot of DoT support, so you can scale Doom damage very high. In fact, she can even generate higher Doom ticks than Void Knight.

However this build is very much Unique/Legendary-dependent.

Not at all, Lich gets most of their damage for ‘free’ in passives, Deathseal

with no increase to Void I have 450%ish and 670% Dot, some DoT from gear with DS up

Spread damage out, whats the point of Necrotic/Void existing if its one class only

I mean, you can’t apply Doom without uniques afaik.

I’m probably wrong as usual though :slight_smile:

The devs have said in the past that necrotic is associated with the undead that are, for plot/thematic reasons, diametrically opposed to the void/Orobyss.

lmao I meant you dont need uniques to get damage % on a Lich as its all from passives

How can you apply Doom without a unique? im using Siphon ring

The thing with Doom as it has 400 base damage and 4 stacks, Poison is 20, so with base damage only you need to apply 80 poison stacks to hit the same damage as Doom at 4 stacks and Siphon gives really good stats for a Lich - leech rate/movement speed, I think it even has Doom effect

I think the devs have commented at least on void that its like that sorta on purpose. The other classes have access to void damage through items and effects, but only void knight has a focus on void damage. The sentinel is perhaps uniquely suited to being corrupted by the void and as such is the only one capable of having a full focused void mastery.

The classes yet to be released are Falconer, Warlock, and Runemaster none of which will likely have a focus on void or even necrotic other then warlock who is an acolyte class.

As mentioned, necrotic damage is uniquely “undead” and is basically something the mage would never use as it would mean turning his back on his magely teaches that are core to his character. And none of the other characters really have the mind to do so anyways. Primalist would not forsake nature, and sentinel has enough on his plate to worry about using death magic when he has void to contend with. And the rogue? She cant even cast spells, she needs items to do that for her!

1 Like

Thing is, since the build I was talking about specifically was around Doom damage to relate to the poster’s question, it is dependent on uniques/legendaries.

I know the point that you’re trying to make, but I’m going to have to be pedantic here. Due to poison’s inherent shred of 5% you “only” need 32 stacks to match Doom’s 1,600 damage with 4 stacks (ignoring the Doom effect which is on most Doom-related items). 32 might sounds like quite a lot but for a “proper” poison build, it’s nothing.

1 Like

that kinda makes no sense devs, but ok i guess

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.