Thanks all for the help, testing is going well!
The synergy between attunement and all these things is wonderful:
At level 66, with 150% healing effectiveness, 50 attunement, 400 mana
- The boots ‘transient rest’ are not terrible, they give about 250 ward every 2 seconds (we are almost always close to full mana)
- Maelstrom is not terrible. I do not notice the mana cost, and it gives at least 42 health per second to me and minions, 100% chance to chill, 45 dodge, and large area, plus a bit of damage
- Summon crow is not terrible. It’s hard to see it do anything in the heat of battle, but it should be providing 750 healing and 750 ward every 4 seconds, plus fairly constant aspect of the crow for the wolf, spriggan and myself
- Summon wolf is not terrible. I gave it +1 companion, pure lightning chance on hit and damage. Hard to tell if it’s achieving much, but I do see lightnings going off a decent amount, and it’s nicely tanky with all this attunement.
- Spriggan gives a nice healing aura for us all, which also buffs damage, and she can cast a few entangling roots.
- I have not been bothering to cast healing totems yet, as I have all this other regen, plus high life pool. However, almost certainly I will want to give up wolves, crow, or maelstrom for healing totems which cast thorn totems, with their node “nightshade briar”, because:
- The vines have 200% chance to poison and 200% increased poison damage, with 100% chance to slow. This would mean that 100 of them will stack a lot of poisons, which would give the thorn totems some super hard hitting thorns if we spec them into nightshade briar (4% more damage per stack of poison), and their damage nodes. 2000% more damage, doubled via impale seems reasonable to expect on a boss standing still with 80 - 100 vines hitting it.
Gearing has been fun because there are so many stats that are useful (I’m testing ‘moenia mentis’ shield for some ward on block, though I cannot see how this will ever be good: every 5 hits I get 40 ward… )
The playstyle is very satisfying. I have 2K life, 1200 armour, 40% endurance and 600 endurance threshold, so it’s forgiving if you stand in a circle of death that would oneshot alternate ‘defensive’ builds. Clearspeed is slow, but consistent, there is AOE from the thorns piercing, and a satisfying means of ramping up damage on the super high HP bosses.
Arenas are where the bug really hurts - you can spread out 100 vines, monsters run in and only a fraction of them are hitting anything, the rest just stand there, limp.