Very VERY odd bug report -- Includes Video -- Bowmage Build

What went wrong?
Actually, this is more about what went right? XD
Video Documentation can be found here:

Now let me go through an explanation of what is occurring here:

1. While min/maxing a new Bowmage build (Rogue/Marksman/Reign of Winter/MourningFrost/Flurry/Multishot/Dark Quiver) I discovered that after a few hours of gameplay, my attack speed would increase very slowly over time, to the point where it can potentially break the client.
  2. I work from home and have LE running in the background during the day, so the client stays open for LONG periods of idle time between echoes, which I run between calls.
  3. System Specs: i7-12700k; 32GB DDR4 3200; Nvidia 4090 (Gigabyte Gaming OC 24GB); WD 850 Black M.2 2280 SSD (WDS100T1X0E-00AFY0)
  4. In the video, you can see at 0:00 while approaching Rayleh I fire off a Dark Quiver batch and have normal attack speed for my build with the Legendaries and Specs that I have. The character sheet shows 89% increased attack speed without DQ, 109% with Frenzy from DQ.
  5. During a sustained Flurry, as the attack speed ramps up from continued channeling, the speed seems to break the system. Reference 0:42-0:46 where you can see Multishot procc’ing at a stupendous pace. You can see 500 stacks of armor shred in this video.
  6. As I continue playing, the attack speed will continue to escalate. Over the weekend this resulted in a fight against Lagon at Corruption 300 where I was firing so fast that I decimated 75% of his health before the halfway mark could trigger, resulting in a 5-10s delay as the server caught up with the attacks that hadn’t been processed before kicking me to the trash tentacles (phase 2) part of the fight. I could easily put 999+ stacks of armor shred, bleed, and poison on the boss all at the same time.
  7. Eventually, the attack speed got so high that the Server disconnected the Client. When I logged back in, attack speed was back to normal.
  8. I documented the complete build at the end of the Video (Skills, Passives, and Items) after Rayleh was defeated.

Net Result:
This attack speed bug? exploit? who knows? could easily be used to slow down the servers or crash the client. At first I thought it was just a one-time glitch, but it happened to my client on Saturday, 5/6/2023 starting in the afternoon around 3pm PST and again Monday 5/8/2023 starting around 4:30pm PST.

I am documenting this in complete detail to the Devs so that you can see there is no intention to use this bug? to compete or to harm EHG or LE in any way.

2 Likes

Now THIS, this is a bug. I love this kind of thing. Good luck fixing this one.

I’m bumping this because I want more ppl to see it.

1 Like

I discovered I can provoke this connection lost bug just by having two Humming Bee’s and Flurry going on my brand new Rogue. I did it at level 11, but technically I could’ve done it as early as level 6 or so. The game doesn’t believe I can attack that fast and it’s causing the sever to disconnect me.

I’m actually kind of amazed now you were able to stay connected long enough to kill Rahyeh in the video you posted.

Oh yeah - I’ve noticed that Flurry is extremely bugged just in general. If you have to start attacking while the game is still loading after a portal to a map, you end up out of sync in a weird way where only every 3rd or 4th attack actually even hits. The server just has no idea how to handle the messaging between itself and the client for this ability. Luckily logging out and logging back in again seems to fix this for awhile.

You should have seen the game the first time it occurred. You couldn’t even SEE Lagon because Multishots literally filled the screen. If it happens again at that level I will make sure to take another video of it and turn sound recording on so you can hear the nonsense in addition to seeing it.

1 Like

OK here’s the new video…
Notes:

1. Completely Different Marksman Build – still same bug.
  2. Bug began occurring about 3 hours into play this time, as opposed to the 8 hours previously reported.
  3. Has nothing to do with Dark Quiver.
    FLURRY IS BROKEN -- Last Epoch 0.9L -- Ballista Challenge - YouTube
1 Like

And this post is just a ping for you Solid so you see this…

1 Like

Yeah I meant to mention here earlier today that I’ve noticed the animation messing up even at lower bonus attack speed (75% to 100%) and that what happens is that the damage seems to be tied to the animation and the animation itself is getting out of sync, where swings don’t come in the right part of the cycle that they should. You end up getting swings hyper-delayed and that causes your overall damage output to be wonky or indeed lower than it should be.

Serious fixes needed to this and other abilities.

Two quick questions:

1. Should I bring more attention to this and…
  2. if so, HOW?
1 Like

Yes but I’m not sure, honestly. I know they are trying to get to as many of these as they can. Maybe you can find one of the other threads the devs have responded to and try either PMing them or copying them on this post. Not sure if they frown on that or not but how much could it hurt.