Veil of Night and Blood dance should work with throwing damage

There is more skills the rogue has that need this change, but I do a full throwing attack build. no melee for the most part. and most of the rogue tree is kinda useless because of this. I know it might need a ton of balance changes to make sure that its not too broken. I can see how broken it could be to use hurricane of blades (which is the skill i use.) to stack all those passive effects instantly. But as of right not its impossible to gain any life steal and any defensive ability because throwing damage doesnā€™t count for some of these skills and more. I only get life steam from the blessing btw. But I still sometimes have a hard time living because I get nothing form veil of night or other life saving passives.

thank you for considering this rework.

There are ways. The Bleeding Heart amulet gives generic leech as does the Scalebane Grimace helm & Stolen Tithe relic. Plus you can get a decent amount of leech from Smoke Bombā€™s Blood Bandit node. If you want to go axe/dagger you can get physical leech from Weapon of Choice & thereā€™s the health on glancing blow prefix as well as health on use of a zero cost skill passive.

Throwing builds are more ranged than melee which is why they donā€™t get as much in the way of defensive passives as melee which is reasonable, as much as I might prefer it to be otherwise.

Also, Veil of Night is ā€œon useā€, so even if it were converted to include throwing skills, Hurrican of Blades would only ever give 1 stack per use, not per hit.

1 Like

There is also the Blessing from the Black Sun timeline for (1.5-5)% of Throwing Damage Leeched as Health

Yeah, he already mentioned that so I didnā€™t feel the need to reiterate it.

Damn and here I thought I might have caught you out. :man_shrugging: but alas, no such luck.

1 Like

Pffft, but thanks for readin the OPā€¦

1 Like

Speedreading never works when you are replying to other posts at the same time. I really shouldnt do that - apologies to the OP. :crazy_face:

1 Like

nah your fine fam

1 Like

I am aware of some of those things, I used to run axe and dagger all the time. I and as much good as life leach can be, having more dodge or glancing blow might be better than just stacking life leech. Ill have to look at scalebane grimace and stolen tithe.

I use umbral blades too regin mana as a basic attack so veil of night being on use would still be good, and you dont hold down hurricane forever so youā€™ll have to reactive it later anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.