Using Chaos Bolts as the first cast in a new area tanks FPS

Currently in Chapter 3, and I’ve noticed that my FPS tanks to 1 FPS (although realistically I think it’s closer to 1 FPM). From there, the game basically stops responding and becomes completely unplayable; I need to force-close the game to get it working.

It seems to occur specifically right after entering a new area, and I suspect it’s being triggered by casting Chaos Bolts as my first skill. I’ve assigned Chaos Bolts to Q, but am using it as my left-click attack. The moment I cast it after entering a new area, the FPS drops.

It doesn’t seem to matter what the target is, I’ve gotten the bug from casting it on a container, but mostly it occurs when attacking an enemy.

Lastly, I only started getting it in Chapter 3. I think it started happening after reaching the Cultist City (I’ve lost track of what the areas are called or what I’m even really doing). Then again, it may just be because I only recently unlocked Chaos Bolts.

The FPS drop occurs consistently after entering a second area (i.e. if I load into the game and teleport to area A, I’ll get the bug after entering area B). Last time I got it, I decided to cast Infernal Spirit instead as my first skill and didn’t get the issue.

EDIT: it seems to occur only when using Chaos Bolts on left-click. I tried loading into an area (after replicating the crash a few times to be sure), then cast Chaos Bolts using Q instead of left click, and everything is fine. After casting it once with Q, left-clicking worked fine. Nevermind, just a fluke.