[Urgent] Passive points not gained back while respec

I respec 3 passive points at Chronomancer and I did’nt have my points back !

The name of my character is “June”, it’s a necromancer lv 87. I was respecializing the node Heresy and Rite of undeath.
It’s very urgent please, I can’t change my build because I can’t have the points back.

1 Like

This wouldn’t happen to be an older character you created and haven’t played since before patch 0.7.10 released? Because if so, then this is likely related to the removal of 4 quests that granted passive point rewards in that patch. Basically you have more passive points than you’re entitled to for your level, and you won’t receive any further passives until you’ve made up the difference. By refunding 3 passive points you are likely at or 1 more passive point away from being back at even and then able to earn/refund passive points like normal.

As the developer explained it:

In cases where a patch has either removed quests that grant passive points, or changed the rewards for those quests, your character will have more passive points spent than they are entitled to - and so earning additional passive points through leveling or completing quests will not result in additional passive points being available to you until the number of passive points your character is entitled to is once again greater than the number which they presently have allocated.

Source: Not gaining skill points on level up :: Last Epoch Steam-related Discussion

And information detailing the exact missions that had their passive rewards removed:

https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/passive-points-missing-from-quests/

Ok I see, indeed it was an old character. So we all lost 4 points, it makes sense. So now, it’s only 12 passive points we earn with quests ?

Thanks a lot for your reply !

Before patch 0.7.10, the maximum passive points you could have at level 100 was 117 total passive points. After the patch, that total dropped to 113 passive points.

Currently, you start earning 1 passive point per level starting at level 3 (so 98 total from getting to level 100). There are 14 missions that grant passive point rewards (one mission giving 2 passive points) for a total of 15 passive points from missions. The 98 from leveling plus the 15 from missions gives the current total of 113 maximum passive points.

You can see all the missions that earn passive point rewards here, at this community made website.

You’re welcome, and yeah a lot of people were similarly confused after that patch dropped because the removal of quests (and thus passive points) weren’t included in the patch notes. This created a lot of unnecessary confusion at the time.

Thanks a lot for your explanation !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.