Upcoming Bugfixes to overperforming Builds

This has nothing to do with nerfing builds. It’s fixing a bug. I bet if you got a bug that you couldn’t progress dungeons or monoliths because of a weird bug you’d be crying to fix it. Just because it affects you in a negative way doesn’t mean it shouldn’t be fixed. They’re trying to make the game the way It’s supposed to be. You decide to play a bugged class, you can expect it to get fixed

So just because other bugs aren’t fixed instantly that means this one bug, that can be fixed quite easily, shouldn’t? Why? Because you’re personally affected by it? Bugs in general do suck. Builds that are fun but scale worse than OP builds sucks too. You’ll never achieve perfect balancing. No game ever has, no game ever will. There will always be a couple overscaling builds out there, and it probably changes each cycle after the next balancing iteration. But once again… Warlock wasn’t OP because of scaling or unintended interaction. It was a damn BUG, and has to be fixed. IF Falconer DPS should be that high because of a bug, it should get corrected too - sucks, but as long as it’s a bug-fix and not a mid-cycle power-downscaling, i get it.

And who says, we do not care about proper balancing, just because we’re ok with fixing that warlock-bug? Those things have nothing to do with each other.

I think we have a fundamenal misunderstanding.

1. Literally everything EHG fixes is a bug, as a bug is something that deviates from its intended state
  2. The Profane Veil “bugfix” is in the category of balancing, so it should be properly balanced in relation to other skills but it will most likely be undertuned after this fix
  3. Balancing should be done in bigger batches, to adress all overperforming skills at once.
  4. Balancing should be done either immediatly or at the end of a cycle.

Just because something can be bandaid slapped into the game easily now, does not make it inherently good.

2 Likes

Profane Veil gave you 40% instead of the 4% as stated and intended. How can you not see that this isn’t BALANCING but a BUG? I don’t get it. I have been a software engineer for over 20 years now, and reducing the 40% to 4% has NOTHING, literally ZERO to do with balancing.

If they fix it and notice “Hey, 4% is way too low compared to what other builds do, let’s increase it to 15%”, then yeah… that needs to be addressed too, and increasing that number, THAT would be balancing.

Nice, i am a Software Engineer aswell, do we have to argue the semantics of a bug now?
You can bandaid slap a bugfix for 40% to 4% or you can properly balance bugfix this.

We actually do, because that’s the whole problem here. If they should fix BUGS during a cycle or not. They said they didn’t want to do balance changes during a cycle, and i’d be against it if they would unless it’s absolutely game-breaking like the Shadow Bomb-stuff. That’s not a bug per se, at least in my opinion. But a) it impacts server stability heavily and b) it gives rogue not a little bit of survivability, but can make him almost immortal without sacrificing anything for it. You can get that kind of survivability on rogue elsewhere, but you have to heavily invest into it and loose out on a lot of damage (Low Life or Raxxes Health Regen with Vessel of Strife i’m currently working towards). I played Low Life with pretty insane gear (3LP Cleaver, 3LP Exsang, 3LP Peak, 3LP Li’Raka Claws), but i noticed a BIG difference. I got way more survivability, but way less dmg, inspite of the insane gear i have.
So i’m absolutely for it for them to fix that, even though i’m impacted myself. I knew, that that smoke bomb-interaction won’t survive. I even reported it as a bug.

Addressing Bugs during a cycle is something i’m absolutely ok with. Even if it breaks a build that shouldn’t have existed in the first place. If it turns out, that 4% sucks and makes those talent points worthless, we need to talk about that too - for balancing it in the next cycle.

These are two separate things. If the initial design and test was 4% and turned out to be 40% whatever the reason, the right INITIAL move is to take it back as intended and see what happens.

If 4% will turn out being too low, they will tune the value in the next cycle.

fix wraithlord bug fix now then

Funny thing, we know it isn’t because we ASKED about it when it was revealed. They admitted it was probably too high for balance purposes, but was the intended amount. Try again.

fix wrathlord bug hitting 15 mils per second if ur fixing warlock imao

1 Like

I do not think it was intended to infinitely sustain smokebombs and infinitely add smokebombs especially in a way, so that server performance is impacted severely. But in this case, i understand the bandaid fix without proper balancing, because it is truly necessary.

1 Like

they should nerf wrailords asburd dps bug first , before fixing warlock and rogue else this is unfair

it woud feel so much better if you not just focus in the op-skills to debug.
there are still some skills/passivs the dont work correctly or the dont work at all!!!

Didn’t abuse this bug, only levelled a Warlock to Mono’s and got bored of it.
Glad they are fixing bugs, but the timing is poor.

Fix these things before, Right at the start (1st week) or after a Cycle, not during.

Sad to see this was fixed before actual game breaking bugs like the Wraithlord, not being playable in multiplayer & Runemaster movement skill showing you in places you’re not really standing leading to unavoidable deaths.

Hopefully EHG is not pandering to the 0.1% of this playerbase that actually gives a carp about the Ladder.
It’s a PvE game, how was this detrimental o.O (Oh No! someone done a Mono easier than me, how dare they have fun)

Ah the sweet reminiscence of Delirium league… That went so well.

Edit : How about some mid cycle buffs… I’m really keen to play Warpath for a while lol.

2 Likes

yeah this cycle is a joke bye bye

Honestly, you are completely right. Context shouldn’t matter. So I propose that not only should bugs be fixed, but per the Terms of Service anyone who intentionally or unintentionally was abusing the bug instead of being “nerfed” should instead be permanently banned. Because we here in the EHG Forums don’t want to play word games and will follow all of them exactly as previously stated.

1 Like

good… im actually playing warlock ^^ and i find that good… lets see how the chance affects it… if needed buff a little so its still a usefull perk but not completely broken… 4% seems very little 10-15% with a cap on ward if u take this note would be fine tho… like its capped at maximum 15k

enjoy dying 24/7

Wraithlord and Runemaster bugs does not simply require to delete a zero from a line to be fixed (of course I’m sure it’s not this simple anyways but let’s pretend it is for the sake of comparison).

Not all the bugs are equal in terms of how much code needs to be changed to properly fix them.

I am sure they are well aware of the major bugs but EHG are not 500 people, some fixes require way more time than others.

i hope not just the next cycle it doesnt make sense to not balance stuff if its underperforming and or overperforming it aint a compeditive game that has championsships going that need a no patch rule… major balance should be done out of cycle and adjustments all time…