Unity Error at char. creation

I dunno what these anoying errors are lately but unitycrashhandler is preventing me from playing the game constantly…was able to play yesterday and today is fcked up, i tried Nvidia Controlpanel to setup Last Epoch as high performance nvidia. Still Error, GPU/windows all updated but i keep getting Crashes and i cant find any crash report or log to share appoligize.

playing on my old MSI gaming laptop waiting for my new game pc.

CPU: Intel(R) Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz
Ram: 8,00 GB
Windows build: 19043.1165
GPU: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630’‘30.0.100.9805’’ , Nvidia Gforce GTX 1050 TI’‘30.0.14.7168’’

hope this is enough info for now thanks for helping! hope we can solve this.

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Are you sure that nothing happened between when you played successfully and now?

• Windows Update?
  • GPU driver update?
  • Another other software installation or update?
  • Any other driver updates?

If you are 100% sure that nothing happened (remember a lot of things on Windows can be set to autoupdate) then you need to provide more information & do a few standard things:

1. If you are using Steam, Verify the game files - sometimes corruptions can cause problems like this.
  2. Check your Windows Update and make sure that there arent any updates that have failed or is waiting for confirmation.
  3. “View Reliability History” on windows 10 to see if there are any serious errors happening on your system and use this info to try and fix issues.
  4. Check what version of GPU driver you are using - if its not something from the last 2-3months, then update it.
  5. Dont run any other application while testing LE - temporarily dont run or disable anything. This includes things like graphics overlays.
  6. The most stable in-game settings are 1080p, 60fps framerate limited, all in-game settings to very low or disabled… Temporarily set the game to these settings and see if the stability improves… If it does, then you need to be conservative with your settings.

If nothing above makes any difference, then you need to provide more information on your system: On windows the files are in C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games. The files needed are player.logs, le_graphicsmanager.ini, also, you need to export your dxdiag system report.

thanks for the reply! i checked all your points everything is up to date i cleared the maintance history and fix all the problems, i verified the files in steam and i setup last epoch as high performance nvidia as gpu use at control panel so far nothing works so im clueless now i was able to play 1 day and next day is just unplayable cant even pass the loading screen when opening the game.

i hope i attached all the files you need.

DxDiag.txt (118.7 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (489 Bytes)
Player.log (33.1 KB)
Player-prev.log (33.0 KB)

Ok… If you are sure that nothing changed on your system then its going to be hard to figure out the problem as the game itself hasnt been updated recently so we have to assume something else changed. As hard as this is going to be, laptops are even worse to debug because they all have thier own special way of handling performance/stability/drivers etc.

So… Looking through the info your provided:

1. Did you try setting the game to the stable settings I suggested as a test? I see from your le_graphicsmanager.ini that you are running 1440p on Medium without any framerate limits - On a 1050 Ti Mobile, these settings are optimistic to say the least… I run a 1060 (desktop) and I use 1080p, 55fps framerate limited and very low / low settings - this gets me an average of close to 50fps and the game is stable without issues even in the busiest of moments. If I leave the framerate unlimited and increase quality to medium or more then the game starts having freezes, huge fps spikes and on occassion crashes - and thats just on 1080p. According to Userbenchmark my gpu is about 70% faster than yours so you are obviously pushing your GPU to its max and that is never a good idea - especially on a laptop where other factors like thermals are far more serious… I realise that the game now will not let you get into it so changing the settings is going to be a problem but you can edit the settings file in a text editor - change Resolution = 1920x1080, LimitForegroundFPS = true, MaxForegroundFPS = 60

2. Make sure your Corsair Mouse drivers and associated software is up to date - there was a player that had a problem caused by the Corsair software a few months ago.

3. Looking at your GPU - the 1050 Ti is referenced as a Render-Only Device - compare this to your iGPU which is a Full Device… I havent seen that one before so I looked it up and searching for this on the Net shows a lot of problems for people - especially using laptops - it seems like when this happens people have a lot of issues trying to play games on the discreet gpus. There are various possible solutions - most seem to centre around using the laptop OEM device drivers and not the generic Nvidia drivers, something about the way the OEM is handling the performance when swapping the integrated GPU & discreet GPU… It could very well be this causing the problem… A lot of people have also mentioned online that “things were fine and then they started having problems out of the blue”… You need to investigate this and see what can be done about it… Note: when replacing GPU drivers, you need to use the safe mode process or something like DDU to ensure that drivers are correctly uninstalled and reinstalled.

4. The player logs refer to a crash report in C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/Temp/Eleventh Hour Games/Last Epoch/Crashes - error.log should have more specific info to work from.

5. The player logs also trace the crash to nvwgf2umx.dll - this is part of the Nvidia DirectX driver and this could mean that the graphics driver / Direct X is causing the crashing - this could obviously link to point 3 above.

6. You are getting close to running out of space on your C: drive - probably not related to this issue, but I though I should mention it… Windows absolutely hates having less free boot drive space than memory and you only have 5gb space left (above your Ram 8gb). I’d advise moving your steam library or something else to your D drive and keep at least double your RAM in free space on your boot drive at all times.

7. The diagnostic section of your DXDIAG (end of the file) confirm the nvwgf2umx.dll error (from point 5 above) AND it shows an additional crash on d3d11.dll… Again DirectX… so I would bet that the problems you are having are from the graphics driver and or DirectX being corrupted or incorrect for your system.

8. There are also a few issues with notepad.exe and explorer.exe hanging and Microsoft.LockApp_10.0.19041.1023 (Lock screen app) crashing… This is pretty odd as these are obviously native Windows apps and shouldnt be crashing… If you know why these crashed then you can safely ignore it but if not, you need to see why these apps are hanging/crashing as it could point to some other problem on your system that has nothing to do with LE.

My gut feeling is that something has happened with your GPU… either hardware wise or some configuration has changed or drivers are incorrect/corrupted for some reason… Everything is pointing to a DirectX issue - which is obviously linked to the GPU drivers.

I would recommend the following:

1. DDU or safemode unistall and reinstall of the latest OEM GPU driver for your laptop
  2. Default GPU settings so that there are no odd configration issues. Also make sure that the laptop is defaulted to using the 1050 Ti GPU for everything.
  3. Run Windows File System Checker to make sure there are no corrupted or missing system files.

thanks i will do this! but how can i change the ingame settings if i cant enter the game to change it ? or is there another way to do it, + I dont use ICIEU(Corsair software on this laptop). anyway thanks for the help i hope i can find the missing issue from the points you mentioned i will let you know once again thanks appreciated!.

the le_graphicsmanager.ini file can be edited in notepad/text editor.