Uniques don't feel/look unique

Some uniques don’t look unique, and they just look like any other rare items that we can commonly find around the maps.

As an example, here’s my Bladedancer, on one hand she’s wielding a Smoke Weaver unique, on the other, she’s wielding a Sai Dagger.

Here’s a comparison, on this screenshot, you can see the Smoke Weaver unique
BD-SHADOW-WEAVER

Compared to a Sai Dagger shown over here
BD-RARE-SAI-DAGGER

Other than the Sai being longer, there isn’t really anything that sets the Smoke Weaver apart.
Not only does the Smoke Weaver look nothing like the art on the item itself, it just feels like a generic weapon.

Also, as you can see, I’m wearing the Li’Raka’s Claw, another unique item, the art on the item looks nothing like the gloves on my character and suffers the same issue as the Smoke Weaver, looks like a generic leather glove with nothing special to see.

Are these just place holders for more integral models to come, or are these the final models of what these uniques will look like?

Yeah, not all uniques have proper 3d art so they use the item base art. This is known and constantly being worked on/added to each patch (weapons are the easiest to add 3d art to, armour the hardest/most time consuming).

I see, as I was writing this, this exact thought came through my mind. But having used a few unique weapons, majority has this feeling of being too common looking. I’m also wondering if they are purposely making items look not so great in order to incentivise MTX in the future, kinda like what POE does. I hope this isn’t the case, because unlike POE, LE has a box price.

No, they’ve just not got around to adding the 3d art to match the 2d. Even PoE has taken many years to do that.

No it isn’t. It is quite the opposite.

Mox, the CEO and Game Director stated a while ago, that they actually didn’t add MTX earlier because it feels wrong adding MTX, when a big portion of the Unique/Set items and regular base items don’t have good 3D art.

It just takes times.

On a side node I think that the Armour 3D Models from the “regular” item already look excellent for most classes.
Some of the newly added Rogue or Mage Armour look superb.

I think the items you chose just don’t have the unique art yet.
Check out Morditas reach, Bhuldar’s wrath, Death’s embrace, torch of pontifex, tempest maw, eye of reen, aurelis, etc.

There’s a very few items that have got their 3d art and look kinda bad though I really hope Alluvion and Reign of winter’s 3d art is just a placeholder cos man they look kinda bad.

I wish we could transmog items like in GD. I know they gotta sell MTX for the money, but would be cool if we could transmog regular(base) items for just buying the game and there’s MTX if you want more variety/cooler looking armors.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.