I’ve been playing around with Umbral Blades to see if it can compete with Shurikens for throwing bleed/poison builds. I thought it would struggle because of the 40% less ailment chance, but then noticed that if you grab Lethal Cadence + Disembowel on the Rogue passive tree, it buffs both the Umbral Blade AND the Bladestorm that it spawns. Not sure if that’s intentional, but it feels super strong (at least early on).
- With no other modifiers, Bladestorm can then apply 24 stacks of bleed over 4 seconds.
- Maxing Steel Torrent (duration and area) grants an extra 3 hits per Bladestorm, for a total of 33 stacks over 5.6 seconds.
- Bladestorm’s ailment damage scales with damage from the Umbral Blades tree, which includes the massive +250% from Sword Thrower.
- Shadows will also cast UB / Bladestorm (with a +300% multiplier!), and will also drop a Bladestorm if you pick up the Umbral Remnant node.
- (Optionally, you can convert bleed to poison with a few skill points.)
I’ve been using Shuriken (Chakram) as the “filler” attack to charge Cadence / Disembowel, since Shuriken has phys/poison shred and a decent attack speed. (You’ll want a non-UB attack to charge Cadence, since you’re limited to 3 Bladestorms, not including those made by Shadows).
Early game rares and bosses melt instantly with this setup, but idk if it scales as well late game. My HC Rogue that was running this died to low resists but it was fun while it lasted.