Ultimate Smite void knight build 0.8d

Video (Thanks @KissingAiur for the multiple hit knowledge)

Build Overview

Pros
  • Great Damage
  • High Survivability
  • Great AoE For crowds
Cons

Updates

• Initially posted January 9th 2021. Viable for 0.8d

Passives

Sentinel
Void Knight

Skills

Volatile Reversal
Lunge
Anomaly
Devouring Orb
Smite

Idols

The main affix on idols you want is 4 1x3 % increased smite damage. 4x1 with Increased Echo Damage.

Gear

Below is a Tunklab Gearplanner link that has been put together from the gear shown in the build video. This gear is not be min-maxed correctly but should give you a basic idea on how to get started.

Void Knight Smite Caster Gear planner Link

4 Likes

Thanks for making this build and giving it some light, hehe. Well done.

This is one of my favorite builds so far! It just melts once you get it dialed in and I still need the sword! Not to be greedy :wink:, but did you make a loot filter for this build? Thanks for the hard work, your builds rock!

I have not made a lootfilter for this build :frowning:

You cant run dual daggers on sentinel class. The offhand weapon is a sword.

I realized that immediately after posting lol. Looks like a dagger visually. :stuck_out_tongue:

Build is absolutely ripping through things atm, just level 60, but it feels very good.

1 Like

One thing I do think is a legit question though- why the one point in lunge that gives you 5 armor per point of dex? I see this all the time in builds that have zero dexterity and Im just confused.

This might just be a mistake… usually the extra point in a skill is to get to something else in the tree but in this case I cannot see what @boardman21 needs it for…

Just leftovers from a previous build. Switch it to extra charge

1 Like

Boardman making top tier builds out of skills that i thought weren’t even viable…now i feel sad :frowning:

1 Like

Is there any specific way to farm large idols? Or anyone who sells them?

The only way to get them is to kill mobs, you can get a buff to their drop rate from one of the Fall of the Outcasts blessings, but idols aren’t sold at vendors.

There have been several more than viable Smite builds.

So I don’t think I fully get how to use volatile reversal well, and I know you mentioned other skills, sigils would eat mana, but would rings give it more survivability on the big hits? For now I am just pursuing the build exactly as you laid it out. 75 and kicking but, still can’t hit 80 in arena, keep getting nuked at wave 79 lol.

Volatile reversal.takes some getting used to. Ring oh shields can help. It can give you more armor and the shields themselves can block ranged attacks.

I have run this build and it is very powerful :rofl:
fast movement speed makes farming a lot of fun.

but since haven’t invested in armor or dodge, need to be mindful of evasive maneuvers.

Thanks Boardman, it’s really fun to play with it.

what skills does void damage over time help? just wondering why you chose that affix for your helm

It should only affect Smite’s Fissure node (& Abyssal Decay and Time Rot), unless Boardman knows something I don’t. It shouldn’t affect Future Strike since though that is an ailment, it’s not a DoT (which is why it can crit).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.