Ultimate Lightning Sorcerer. 250k Crits! 0.8d

If that’s what it says, then no. The comparison is Flame Ward’s Frost Ward node that states it is a global conversion of the fire aura to cold.

How do you have the ward set to auto cast when off it comes off CD?
Also, while leveling campaign, my first 2 skill specs were nova & teleport, do you recommend Ward 3rd I (just unlocked) then Focus (@34) followed by meteor last?
Do you branch into the spellblade tree WAY later I assume?
Appreciate the info!

You only need Lightning Blast (spec’d for boss killing), Nova and Teleport to cruise through the campaign, and into your 60’s or so. Throw in Focus if youre running out of mana.

While the wording inside lightning blast says the 200% effect is for lightning blast only it is currently not working that. Speccimg points into those nodes will triple the damage of spark charges done by elemental nova. Without ever usimg lightning blast

Thanks for the details. Really fun build, thanks for sharing it.

2 Likes

Does that mean I shouldn’t spec into the other skills until I’m done with the campaign? Right now I’m specced into nova, flame ward and teleport but some bosses take forever…I’m only lvl 26. Should I swap flame ward specialization for lightning blast?

At level 26 I think all bosses take eveeyone a while. But LB would help

Hi boardman21
Any tips for the 0.8.1 patch?
Thx!

Endurance wont really do anything for this build. Moving most the resistances from prefix to suffix means you can stack more INT and now cap resistances though suffix usage as well as Still stacking as much HP as possible. Suffix’s might be tricky having Mana/HP/Resist all stampeding for attention, ill try to update soon.

1 Like

Thx a lot man! I’ll be waiting for it then.
I have the old set. I think of some changes… but I will wait for you to update the build and continue with it :slight_smile:

Still waiting for the update :slight_smile: I have an unique sceptre called Culnivar’s Claim. Is it good for a lightning based sorcerer?

In its own unique way, yes. In most cases, a delicately crafted weapon will do better :slight_smile:

Thanks for quick response :slight_smile: Sorcerer is not very popular after new patch i think. I see many spellblade builds but im having a lot of fun with lightning sorcerer. I hope you’ll update soon.

ill try to get it done in the next few days.

i just started this game and this is the build i am going with., i dont care for meteor much but how would i go spreading the points for the lightning blast

Depends how you want to use it. Single target?

Well i want to take advantage of the sprk charges from lightning blast. I am enjoying the lightning nova for aoe and focus for bossing. I just want to make those 2 atks more powerful

Just by getting more lightning damage. If your actually casting LB you can look into making it Chain to the same enemy and then just use nova for aoe trash groups to clear

1 Like

was anything nerfed about this build in .81?

my gear/build isn’t complete but im not getting anywhere near the dmg from the focus novas compared to ur vid

The Focus lightning damage is a % of your max mana, so it’s likely you don’t have as much mana as Boardman.