Two Lunge Bugs

1.) Bug: With 100% chance to cast smite, the skill lunge will not cast smite in a couple conditions.
- If you are within melee distance (1-2meters) and cast lunge; smite will not activate on targets.
- If you have 35%+ cooldown recovery for lunge and cast it off cooldown, lunge will not use smite on targets.
- Sidenote: Weapon and gear does not seem to affect bug.

- 1.) How to recreate: 4 points into "holy incursion"
           - Take all movement cooldown points in sentinel and paladin passive tree.
           - Take all movement cooldown points in lunge skill tree.
           - Target an enemy or breakable within 1-2 meters and use lunge off cooldown.

2.) Bug: The passive point “Double Strike” for lunge adds the 15% cooldown time, but doesn’t give you two dashes.
- When using lunge with double strike when targeting enemies or breakables, lunge uses both charges instead of using one at a time.
- Sidenote: Lunge makes two charges on the ui.
- Sidenote: Weapon and gear does not seem to affect bug.

- 2.) How to recreate: Take "double strike"
           - Take all movement cooldown points in sentinel and paladin passive tree.
           - Take all movement cooldown points in lunge skill tree.
           - Target any enemy or breakable at any range.
  • If anyone else is getting these bugs +1 the post.
  • Dev note: if more info is required message me on the website or respond on the post.
  • Happy bug hunting :D.
    Player.log (3.0 MB)
12 Likes

Hi, just wanted to report that the bug number 2 is also happening with Void Cleave when specced into Gravity’s Edge + Nether Charge. UI shows 2 charges as well but when you press the skill it uses both charges at the same time.
Seems to be related to traversal skills because when i had Void Cleave with only Nether Charge specced it was working.

Thanks for the report.

1 Like

Same skills here, same problem. Thanks for writing it down so clearly!

Same problem with Lunge Skill from above reports of 1&2.
With added note:
3- The character locks into place during the animation of lunge, and never actually goes anywhere. Seems to happen only in monoliths, I can’t recreate it anywhere else. I have to cast another skill to have the animation go off, this forces the “Lunge” animation to unlock and regain control of the character.

1 Like

I habe it happen outside of monoliths quite frequently and it needs to be cancelled before the character can be moved or certain skills can be used.
Pretty dangerous when it happens during intense fights and not obvious immediately.

Same here.

Thanks for reporting this.

If I use lunge on a monster that dies during the lunge animation I get the bug still. Even post patch.

1 Like

About the stuck issue with lung in 0.9. Are you sure people don’t confuse the problem with the known issue of attacking breakables? Like in Welryn undercity in the ruined era there are these three containers you need to destroy for the quest. Even when these are enemys you get stuck on animation in the starting point of lunge because they seem to be breakables somehow. Same for the ghost spawner in the dessert or the first bossfight in monoliths.

Here are situations where I can consistently get myself stuck with lunge:

Temporal Sanctum (possibly other places), these monsters will freeze you if you charge before they fully appear from the ground/sky
voidfire maggots
festering cultists
Sapphire Nagata
Ruby Nagata

Fridgid Hinterland (possibly other places), these monsters will freeze you if you charge before they fully appear from the ground/sky
Winged Fire

Heorot - While he is charging away, if you try to lunge you will freeze (particularly bad in the DOT)

+1 on the Double Strike skill not granting 2 charges. If two charges are available it will consume both.

1 Like

Happens to me all the time outside monoliths - from the beginning of the campaign. I’m not sure what’s the condition for it to happen, nothing in particular is common between instances. It happens both when manually casting it and numlocking it.

+1 on the lunge getting stuck.
Definitely seems related to the target of your attack dying / teleporting (or becoming untargetable) in between the triggering of the ability and the actual movement.

You freeze in place, the only way to continue is by using another skill with an animation.

Update:
Just had it appear twice in 1 monolith, targeting Ebers that are about to charge me.

Edit2: looked at my log files, the entire file is filled with these null references

2023-03-18T10:10:14.3256443+00:00	System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  at LENetworkManager+<>c__DisplayClass15_0.<Client_SceneActive>b__0 () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at Rewired.Internal.StandaloneAxis+ButtonDownEventHandler.Invoke () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at BeardedManStudios.Forge.Networking.Unity.MainThreadManager.HandleActions (BeardedManStudios.Forge.Networking.Unity.MainThreadManager+UpdateType updateType) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
  at BeardedManStudios.Forge.Networking.Unity.MainThreadManager.FixedUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0 
LE.Telemetry.PrependTimestampLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
LE.Telemetry.PrependTimestampLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
<>c__DisplayClass15_0:<Client_SceneActive>b__0()
Rewired.Internal.ButtonDownEventHandler:Invoke()
BeardedManStudios.Forge.Networking.Unity.MainThreadManager:HandleActions(UpdateType)
BeardedManStudios.Forge.Networking.Unity.MainThreadManager:FixedUpdate()

(Filename: C:\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 39)

Other potential candidate

2023-03-18T10:15:59.0602346+00:00	submeshIndex out of range. Clampped to 0.
LE.Telemetry.PrependTimestampLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer:DrawRenderer(Renderer, Material, Int32, Int32)
UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer:DrawRenderer(Renderer, Material, Int32)
LE.Effects.OutlinePostEffectRenderer:Render(PostProcessRenderContext)
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessEffectRendererExtensions:RenderOrLog(PostProcessEffectRenderer, PostProcessRenderContext)
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer:RenderList(List`1, PostProcessRenderContext, String)
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer:RenderInjectionPoint(PostProcessEvent, PostProcessRenderContext, String, Int32)
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer:Render(PostProcessRenderContext)
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer:BuildCommandBuffers()
UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer:OnPreCull()
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.