Trickling Cuts Node in Dancing Strikes Tree bugged

Hello, so it seems the trickling cuts node in the Dancing Strike tree that is supposed to give dancing strike more damage over time for each time you have used dancing strikes recently, is actually giving global damage over time shown on the char stat screen. Checked with a dev initially who said if this was showing on the general char screen as increased percentage damage over time then it is also applying to hits outside of dancing strikes, for example shuriken blade shield and shadow cascade hits, thereby giving much more value then what this node is supposed to give.

On the character I’ve been building I had assumed this was normal until double checking with a dev, but its been great to use it to amplify the poison/bleed damage from extra shuriken hits and shadow cascade hits, but now it seems it is entirely a bug, which is unfortunate and should be looked at to change how it functions instead of straight correcting the bug leading to about a 30-40% damage loss on a build that hardly does damage. It is also neat to be able to double dip on a stat like increased damage over time on gear and passives to compensate for the much lower hit rate of a skill like dancing strikes. I would hope you guys just keep the skill working how it is now and just change the wording truthfully.

I will add a video I recorded that clearly shows the damage over time value increasing while using dancing strikes. Thanks for looking into it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.