Traders guild prices

I just joined the traders guild but i’m confused about the prices.

First some players ask like 50000000 for a exalted item, isn’t that a little bit excessive? Then again for some unique items they ask 0 gold but a large amount of favor.

But the seller doesn’t recieve any of that favor right? So i want to sell some uniques but not for 0 gold. How does that work? Is there a way to find out what an item is really worth?

Is there a way to find out what an item is really worth?

Only way I can think of doing this is checking out Lastepochtools & Maxroll for the top builds, the skills they use will be the expensive ones.
Unless you want to spend a while familiarizing youself with prices by searching everything and doing mental arithmetic.

Then again for some unique items they ask 0 gold but a large amount of favor.

Favour levels up Bazaar, you get favour for listing items, easiest way to level up is to list a bunch of items for free.

First some players ask like 50000000 for a exalted item, isn’t that a little bit excessive?

“Player driven economy” means that as the players that spend every living moment on the game get richer the casual and newer players have no chance to afford anything.
This behaviour creates gold sellers which the locals then complain about.

I expected the prices to be high but i can’t imagine anyone actually spending 50000000 on a simple exalted item that isn’t even max level. Maybe it needs some time so the players can find out what those items actually will sell for.

Yes. Click on the “order from cheapest.” That’s how much it’s worth. Most uniques aren’t worth anything, even at LP2.

There is nothing to prevent people from spammage (on the contrary, listing nonsense actually gives you rep), so yes, the MG trading lists are a dumpster fire. Just order from the cheapest and get ready for hours of looking for the right rolls.

The players set the gold price, but the game sets the favour cost to complete the sale.

Some players were (are still?) under the impression that you would earn favour by completeing sales, so they listed items for zero gold. In fact, reputation is earned when you spend favour to list items and when you spend favour to buy items.

1 Like

For all the claims by the last epoch shills that EHG have figured out trade, Trade is utter garbage.

From the gatekeeping to the crazy prices be it zero or stupid amounts of millions for shit items.
They figured nothing out.

Trade is amazing. Because the traders are clunky and tedious to use for prolonged periods of time you are incentivized to not spend a ton of time on it looking for items or deals. You get in sell/buy your shit and get out. It takes me about 5-10 minutes to look through the newly added section on every piece of gear I need per day. The crazy prices you just ignore, it’s a non-issue. Just sort by affix lvl and filter uniques by lp. What is hard about it?

Yes, i get it now. It was just a bit confusing at first.

What i would like to see added is a way to sort items according to their rolls. For example, i’ve been looking for some humble idols with 3 vitality. But you have to check each and every one of them. It would be easyer if you could simply ad in 3 vitality and it filters it for you.

In my post please point out where i suggested or said it was hard,? i look forward to that.

It’s garbage is what i said, and EHG never finally solved the long standing trade issues in games, if anything they added to it.

Spending Favor earns Reputation which levels up your rank in that faction, MG in this case. You spend Favor to list items at the Bazaar and earn Reputation at the time of listing. People do not need to buy the item for you to earn Reputation, so listing items for 0 Gold is pointless as it doesn’t further your progression to earn more gold which can then be used to buy items you need.

Also, each 1 Favor spent earns you 2 Reputation for the faction you’re currently aligned with. This applies to all Favor being spent at your respective faction. You gain both Favor and Reputation by earning experience, so all activities that grant experience will earn you Favor and Reputation. All of this is detailed in the in-game Game Guide.

People do not need to buy the item for you to earn Reputation

Exactly… It doesn’t matter.
They arnt listing the item to sell it, they are listing it for the Reputation, in which case the gold value is meaningless and it’s much easier to just list for zero than actually figure out and add a gold value.

Or the 3rd option, my option.
I don’t care how much an item in a video game is worth, I sell it for 0 gold because I don’t care how much currency I have in a video game or about any virtual economy.

I sell good items for free because I want to help the next person play their game… Strange concept nowadays I know.
It can’t be resold by people who play the market so it’s going to be picked up by someone that actually wants/needs it.