Trade & Item Factions

I know, but comparing things is a fundamental part of the human condition.

There’s really not much else to compare it to.

Yes. Nobody knows how many people will end up trading, everyone is assuming that thete will be enough people doing it for it to work reasonably well.

Respectfully, I do understand how trading works (& I said that trade could buy a specific thong earlier in tjis thread, not surprised if you didn’t see it given the level of activity), plus, I have a pretty good idea of how MG is going to work.

Not necessarily. This was what Mike was saying about having many leavers to tweak to balance the two. If Trade is “too good” they can tweak the costs on the fly to make it less good, or vice versa. Same for CoF.

Plus, some people just don’t like trade for whatever reason.

If you can’t tell the difference between the two at first glance then that’s a clear design failure. And that would make Mike sad.

Does that also apply to all the online CoF players (I’m undecided, they are both good).

Since beta, it has been SSF practically all the time until 0.9.
Therefore, I was going to try MG first.

But now, COF looks very appealing. :heart_eyes:
I am very exciting! :fire:

One question please, are the drop rates for any item same after you rank up with circle of fortune to level 10 as they are right now currently in game,?

OK, I see. I have a better grasp now. Thanks!

Means everything I will just be as before the faction update for me, but with possibilities to upgrade self-found chances and buying faction items (for favor?). And every addition/content and mechanics are good. But no trading amongst strangers (and some limitations with friends) is a let down. But I guess everything comes at a cost…

This is correct, Player-to-player trade with Merchant’s guild is an option. Both parties do still need to pay the Favor cost, and need to meet the Rank Requirements for the transaction, but other than that, it’s fair game.

But will the items themselves then require a rank of MG to use? Or is it just the trade, so you could level up MG and trade, then use items in the CoF?

Didnt know that player requests are in plans. Thanks for the info, pretty much my brainstorm was just too complicated player request form.

If you trade an item to another player (not gifting) that’s when yhe item gains the MG tag & faction rank requirement. If trading without going via the AH didn’t apply the faction tag/requirement to the item then that would allow CoF players to get the best of both worlds which would not be reasonable. Plus it would permit reselling which is not allowed.

I believe in a previous statement the devs stated initially at lower ranks it would be slightly lower become same at some point as you progress and then be some amount higher at the top. We will have to see what that curve ends up looking like in practice

1 Like

damn, that sounds awesome

Costs will not change if trade is the only one that can use its effect to target farm OMNIs (even at insane prices). CoF still needs some way to get items like that(even if it is insanely pricy)

I would say this would significantly increase the chance for chase uniques, without the need to specify a specific unique

1 Like

Not necessarily. If the cost to list a unique were to be based on it’s rarity, then an Omnis might be phenomenally expensive to both sell and buy, thereby putting it out of reach of the vast majority (in the same way that the drop rate puts it out of their reach). Then CoF looks better due to it’s prophecies allowing for increased unique drops as well as the lens linked above.

No, he said the transaction would require a rank. So if the transaction is done, then the item would be usable by a CoF player?

And what is gifting, is that required that you then have played with the player, right?

And yet it doesn’t, because they involve two different currencies.

It helps a lot to read the thread, or take the time to watch the video. This information is in both.

1 Like

An item that is traded (not gifted) gets the Faction tag/whatever applied to it. That item will then require an MG faction rank to equip (as well as trade).

Yes. There are 2 types/options for gifting. If you were both in the same party/instance when the item dropped then you can freely transfer (gift) the item to the other player. Tjis is not trading & does not require MG rank or favour & the item does not gain the MG tag/rank requirement to equip.

If you have been playing with another player for “a long time” and a resonance for you dropped, you can then consume this resonance to ignore the same-party-zone-when-the-item-dropped requirement for gifting, so you’d be able to gift a nice drop that happened when the other person wasn’t in the same zone.

No one replied to you, but there is a pretty good gold sink called Lightless Arbor Dungeon. You spend enormous amounts of gold to roll mods on rare chests.

After reading the fleshed out systems and not really thinking about it in months, re-reading it; its convoluted and tiring for both factions

Im going trade league but I will probably ignore both systems overall except for buying Idols or the odd piece of gear I need. Pretty much the way I play PoE

Hardly anyone is a ‘trade lord’ who actually plays trade, they farm currency/items others need to trade for things they want to progress their build.

1 Like

Really looking forward to this system I disliked the extreme slow power progression of SSF in POE but really liked how it made me use and learn the entire game and crafting. While I really hope this system will work well do I have one big fear.

This system could be extremely hard to balance, the advantage of trade is gigantic. I Spend weeks farming for x unique in poe while I could buy it after just a few maps in trade…

Not only will it be hard to balance but the balance will change, people will share trading and farming strategies on youtube and reddit, this could change the balance between factions many times.

But I really hope this system will work, if it works has it so many advantages including replayability(doing a trade league after a self found league will be very different)

The devs flavored the system quite nicely, but don’t forget what the function is supposed to be in the first place: Some people like to trade, some people like to self-find items, both like playing Last Epoch, neither wants to be hampered by what the other wants.

If the experiences differed too much beyond that key difference of how items are acquired, there would be some people who would feel pressured to play in the experience they don’t like just to not feel like they are left out of some cool build or piece of content.

I don’t even necessarily think the progression rates need to be that carefully balanced between them. They can be thought of like different leagues, they’re not meant to be in competition with each other for optimal play. All we need out of this is for each progression system to feel satisfying to their respective audiences. If CoF feels too fast or slow or the ways you acquire items turn out not to be fun, it can be adjusted regardless of what’s going on in MG. And visa versa.

2 Likes

That’s where the favour cost to trade comes in to play. If it’s “too slow” to get the favour to buy/sell any given item they can reduce it & vice versa.

I don’t think trading strategies is likely to be a thing. Farming strategies, absolutely, trading price guides, sure (since sensibly priced stuff is more likely to sell), but given there’s no reselling, I don’t quite get the need for a trading “strategy”. Plus since it’s asynchronous trade (the seller doesn’t need to be online), you don’t need to buy/sell in bulk or leave your mono to trade.

It’s just better than PoE’s (if the favour/rep costs are balanced reasonably) cancerous trade “system”.

Exactly. GGG EHG have managed to implement a trade system that doesn’t make the user want to gouge their eyes out unless they’re trading at a high level in the first few days of a league while also not fucking over the non-trade people with sucky drops because trade has the potential to trivialise getting gear (if you have the currency, which, obviously, needs to be bought from an RMT site obtained by playing the game).

Quite why GGG is so ideologically opposed to this I don’t know.