Trade & Item Factions

Yeah I don’t know. They could do a lot of things I guess. Just feels like the MG doesn’t have very interesting or rewarding rewards. You go from can’t trade items to slowly you can trade all items. At first glance it just feels like trading should be more open from the start and other more interesting rewards should be added (maybe related to trading).

This system makes me not want to engage at all really

The reason why PoE trading ‘sucks’ is GGG claim free access to trade players do 2-4 ‘mega trades’ then gear their whole character out, so they make trade cumbersome so there is a barrier

If you need to buy a multi-divine item off a player like a jewel they will respond 99% of the time and leave their map to sell it to you as they want your sale as its worth it. If you are trying to buy 100+ Essences of Wrath you are in for a bad time and will need to do probably multiple trades/message people. If I ever need a ‘1 chaos item’ I will pay 4-5 chaos (400% more) so someone will respond

Because in PoE you can beat all the content in game SSF in about a week of playing. Including Ubers bosses, trading embarrasses GGG so they always wanted it to be harder but they dont actually restrict you…

EHG actually has the same stance as GGG regarding the power of trading, except GGG eventually after 6 years made a trade site after allowing their API to be public. EHG gives you the ingame trade built in - then giga restricts you. I prefer GGG method as I as the player have the power to do what I want and allows the player to self regulate the economy

Omnis? No one will sell one anyway, Theres no trading currency that exists except Gold and thats a joke you will get Diablo 3 tradehouse numbers of people wanting 2.14billion as its the highest number possible

Trading Magic Idols is going to be overpowered. All I ever lack is the exact combo of Idols usually Stout Lagonian Crit/Life, Life%/Life and class specific, People will underprice these and ill be there to get them

this is a problem with gold lacking enough resource sinks to be valuable and gold dropping in VERY large numbers, not with omnis rarity - honestly I think trade should be done via Runes as a allowed currency, just because runes are actually removed from economy by being used thus preventing inflation. Oh and people will not ever list an item for a price that it cannot sell at, they will list Omnis at a price that is insanely expensive, but just cheap enough that some rich guy will buy it.

Again, this is an advantage trade has over CoF if CoF cannot target farm omnis via something equally insane to the trade prices like 1 mil favor/100000kills.

1 Like

Yes. It’s also (probably) “possible” for a bunch of unique prophecies (can’t remember whether they can be specific to unique jewellery) to chain drop Omnis one after the other. Just not particularly likely.

I thnk you underestimate the benefit of prophecies/CoF & overestimate the utility of Trade. But fair enough.

Those who prefer CoF, don’t (I think) want it to be an easy shortcut to getting BiS gear.

That’s fair, I’d be curious as to what trade-related “more interesting rewards” there could be.

Plus, I don’t think it’s entirely “reasonable” (IMO) to be able to trade anything & everything at lvl 1 MG rep.

Yeah, I’m sure if you’re trading at a “high level” (ie, expensive stuff) then it probably works well for the reasons you give, but I’ve only ever done 1 trade like that ever, I’m just not at that level, so from my point of view (being the PoE equivalent of a pikey chav scum on benefits), trading is just so cumbersome & difficult ('cause I never have the spare currency to feel like paying that much over the odds to get a “basic” item).

I am, however, very glad that I don’t really have to trade much for maps. That change was most welcome.

I can see where you’re coming from if you’re used to trade in PoE being more fluid & responsive (ie, either at a “big spender” level or paying well over the odds for lower quality stuff). From how it looks to me, LE’s trade is going to be the other way round, easier to trade less expensive gear more easily (asynchronous & costs less favour) but harder to do at the high level. So from my point of view, it’s not “giga restricted”.

That’s still how it’ll work in LE. EHG aren’t setting prices for gear. What they are doing is taxing you (like all “good” governments).

Yup, and getting 2x relevant affixes on idols (like crit chance with a dagger & damage per dagger/melee damage/etc).

Hopefully Smite idols won’t be too expensive.

niceeeeeee

While there is always some balance needed in the usefulness and power of each Factions and EHG will most certainly adjust some things.

A big portion of the playerbase on both sides will take it, because they enjoy this style of playing more. There will be people who will choose what ever is “best” for them, but in the grand scheme of things its not about balancing them perfectly.

It really depends on what type of player you are.

Me and a couple of friends I play with want to take CoF, because we always played and wanted to play this way, even before it existed. I personally will not even look at trade and how good or bad it is. I simply don’t care.

I would even argue there are a lot of people who want to take CoF over Trade, even though they are “Trade players” in other games. Just because CoF is feeling very rewarding. Even if its objectively worse at getting specific thinks, it still feels like you make personal progress towards things with CoF.

1 Like

Thanks for the information , I’m eager to try CoF on games launch , so far this looks really good.

First things first, love the systems both.
I do think it’d be neat to see a little more in the Merchant’s Guild so far as faction progression rewards or other benefits associated with being higher rank in the MG that aren’t strictly “Now you can buy T10 items” but I understand if there’s less of that possible, especially because trading will be strong regardless and will more than likely at least be sufficient on it’s own as a reward, being able to buy and sell big ticket items.

I have but one question. I’m sure it was answered somewhere, and I feel like it’s something I should know from previous talks on factions, but I wanna be sure now with the new details, are factions character bound or account bound? Can I have X Character in CoF and Y character in MG, or do I need to swap my account over when I want the benefits on different characters from different factions?

Factions will be character bound. You can have 10 characters with 4 in MG and 6 in CoF.

1 Like

I think these are good suggestions for possible faction benefits for MG. Vendors just being over all better would be a cool boost for MG players.

Hell yea. I was hoping this was the answer, so it is easier to have characters doing different things. Thanks for confirming!

Faction rankings are shared in the same way that the stash is shared (hc/sc are separate) though.

I didn’t say “everything” should be tradeable from 1. I think the first few levels are probably fine (even though set items always seem rather blah so I would rather see that combined with idols or see sets be more interesting) since level 1 goes to rare. However, they stretch this out through the rest of the ranks making every rank just unlocking 1 other thing which I think is rather boring and unnecessary with the exception of Legendary items. I’m fine with those being locked behind a high tier due to their potential power. However, spreading out Unique items across 3 ranks and Exalted across 2 ranks just feels like an artificial leveling obstacle that isn’t interesting or fun at all.

I would rather see them condense Uniques into 2 ranks (one for lower to mid game and the other for mid game to end game) and the same for Exalted. Condense the Legendary into a single high rank. That would open up 4 ranks to do something more interesting.

I saw a video by Tenkiei where he made a suggestion to have ranks that maybe gave rewards/benefits for placing items for sale that were in low supply on the bazaar. Things like that could make the bazaar more beneficial for all players in that faction not just the person leveling up. You could also add rewards/benefits for each item placed for sale where the higher the item the better the reward. I’m sure they could come up with others.

1 Like

I pretty much like everything I have read, but one thing will completely ruin it for me. As stated, it will take significant time to completely unlock a faction, so how is this going to work for seasons/cycles? I pray they aren’t expecting us to have to grind it out every time. I guess it will partly depend on how long it will take, if you can casually do it over a week, that’s ok, but if for a casual it’s going to take half the season to grind out to then be able to trade or use high end items, no thanks.

2 Likes

I posted a somewhat fleshed out idea of 3 runes for currency/trading on this forum months ago. I either cant articulate it properly or no one cares but I truly believe its the first step to removing gold as a liquid currency

I only glanced at CoF bonuses but I didnt see anything that jumped out that would allow someone to get an Omnis via prophecy. The other thing is these things where ‘you get to choose something SSF’ are EXTREMELY rare and devs wont give them up easily

I remember Prophecy from PoE league which went core (and now is removed) even getting the Tabula Rasa Prophecy was rare and worth 10c. There was a 6Link Prophecy and a ‘Chance a Unique’ prophecy I never seen in 6-7 years of playing

I Think I am OVERESTIMATING the value of CoF and UNDERESTIMATING trade.

Trade comes out to something like a theoretical 100X multiplier for finding gear, and that is a low ball estimate(take finding a 6 link chest with life and a few res in PoE, which is actually incredibly cheap to just buy off trade, but a pain in the ass to drop/craft). To say that trade for the exact item you want is powerful is an understatement in the extreme.

Implicit in your example is an assumption the item supply in MG is similar to that of standard trade league. Try more niche leagues like HC or Ruthless trade and see if you think trade is necessarily automatically as powerful as you claim.

1 Like

This game has vastly less to trade than PoE. You cant trade Glyphs or any Crafting materials as far as I know. You can only trade gear.

After a week every single boss timeline unique will flood the market except Omnis and a 1/2 outliers. There will be infinite Bhuldurs Wrath and probably Last Steps of the Living

People will sell trashy Exalts at first but when no one buys them the quality will increase to the point every single Exalted item for sale after a few days will probably have 1T7 1T6 stat otherwise no one will bother

I might be wrong but from playing PoE for many years I doubt it. You do know Mirrors start appearing on trade after about 17 hours on a new league

The only way I can see trading being slowed down is if EHG gate the MG levels daily but even then people can just hoard things to sell

thats the thing about currency my dude

you dont want it, you want things that you can buy with it

1 Like