Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

Mind blown. I came here expecting a compromise that still would leave half the player base dissatisfied, but this is … wow!

It will be interesting to see if there will be a clear preference over time for one faction.

Two questions remain:

1. If you have great friends in the MG, you can still play CoF and they buy and gift you items via resonance, correct?
  2. What happens with items that we acquire now in 0.9? Will they automatically have the CoF requirement? Otherwise it would be a golden opportunity to farm MG gear with CoF drop rates.
1 Like

Cheers team. Resonances solves the major issue I had as we move into the Cycle development phase of the game. While trading isn’t necessarily my primary interest (and especially playing some more D2R this recent ladder reset I’m growing to detest it), I’m happy with what MG and CoF are offering here. And also glad the team is interested in exploring the bazaar again.

I see the best of all worlds with this design.

2 Likes

Merchant’s scales with the work of other people, but the Circle scales with your own farming.
To me Circle’s increased drops seem like a way to not have reduced drop chances in Merchant’s Guild.

But yeah we still don’t know enough to tell how balanced these things will be when they release, so it’s only natural the look too strong right now.

Well I am happy with this solution not only because it has my preferred option but also it means I can actually play different factions and experience something different. So it is a bonus overall.

Also kudos for having some gameplay/lore behind it and not just a switch.

3 Likes
  1. Yes, however, as it states in the FAQ, the item will still have the MG requirement so you would have to switch to the MG and rank up before being able to use it.
  2. We will do something to make sure the integrity of the market is functional when Item Factions launch.
8 Likes

CoF will certainly be a powerful and enjoyable way to play… but buzzing around different Bazaar stalls in a group of online players is something that I haven’t seen before and think wlll feel quite magical . Leaning #teamMG myself! :smile:

There’s a healthy amount of people in the studio leaning to both sides though!

14 Likes

I read thru, but I might have missed in the FAQ…

So, if I am in CoF in echoes, will the increased rates for higher exalts/higher lp drop, be local to my toon drops? Or will 3 other MG be able to get those rates as long as I (CoF) am the party leader? And will they be marked as CoF?

1 Like

I am curious to see how happy those greedy capitalists will be when they are in a pool full of similar sharks and few to rip off because most people want to have fun and actually play the game as part of Circle of Fortune.
But maybe I am wrong and people just want to game the system.
At least it will be an interesting experiment that, to my knowledge, was never done in any game and might even influence future game development.

2 Likes

This seems like a reasonable compromise. I like it. I’m very glad that runes, shards, and glyphs remain untradable.

Hopefully some drops will be nerfed a bit for the multiplayer release. I found it very easy (too easy) to get to solid gear for my build in the recent MP testing.

1 Like

Damn I must admit you exceed my expectation here. What a great design! CAnnot wait to see community reaction

2 Likes

I’m glad you guys have the audacity and gall to attempt something different in regards to this hot topic. While understanding everyone’s beefs, concerns and desires. How dare you guys listen every side of the feedback. How dare you!

#CoF

5 Likes

increased item quantity vs infinite item quantity

thanks i hate it

1 Like

If I remember correctly, Aion had such a system. I think quite a few other Asian MMOs have it as well and ESO has a somewhat tweaked guild version of it.
Personally, I never liked it in the end, even though I found it interesting and fun in the beginning as well.

Drops are still instanced and your increased drop rate has no impact on party members.

4 Likes

Incredible! What can I say except that this surpass my expectations far above of what I imagined. I’m very hyped for the future of this game!

I only have one question that i’m very curious, speaking of the future. I agree that crafting materials shoulnd’t be tradeable here, but what about “miscellaneous” items like dungeon Keys? Last Epoch will have PoE equivalents like Scarabs, Delirium Orbs, Incubators, etc etc in the future? If they do, will them be tradeable in Merchant’s Guild or the idea is to only trade equippable items?

Thanks again for the good work guys. I will try to convice more people to get into LE.

How does CoF item drops impact magic find of corruption. is it a multiplying effect or just a base chance of the CoF bonus on the current magic find numbers gain in monolith?

Keys are not currently planned to be tradable. Initial plan is “things that can be equipped” (idols can be equipped).

2 Likes

Really happy with the direction youre taking here! Thanks for listening to players that want trade and players that want a smooth solo experience!

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s multiplicative but I’m not confident on this one.

2 Likes

Yes please don’t make it additive, otherwise the higher you go into deep endgame the less the effect will be and it might feel meaningless.

7 Likes