Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

I read thru, but I might have missed in the FAQ…

So, if I am in CoF in echoes, will the increased rates for higher exalts/higher lp drop, be local to my toon drops? Or will 3 other MG be able to get those rates as long as I (CoF) am the party leader? And will they be marked as CoF?

1 Like

I am curious to see how happy those greedy capitalists will be when they are in a pool full of similar sharks and few to rip off because most people want to have fun and actually play the game as part of Circle of Fortune.
But maybe I am wrong and people just want to game the system.
At least it will be an interesting experiment that, to my knowledge, was never done in any game and might even influence future game development.

2 Likes

This seems like a reasonable compromise. I like it. I’m very glad that runes, shards, and glyphs remain untradable.

Hopefully some drops will be nerfed a bit for the multiplayer release. I found it very easy (too easy) to get to solid gear for my build in the recent MP testing.

1 Like

Damn I must admit you exceed my expectation here. What a great design! CAnnot wait to see community reaction

2 Likes

I’m glad you guys have the audacity and gall to attempt something different in regards to this hot topic. While understanding everyone’s beefs, concerns and desires. How dare you guys listen every side of the feedback. How dare you!

#CoF

5 Likes

increased item quantity vs infinite item quantity

thanks i hate it

1 Like

If I remember correctly, Aion had such a system. I think quite a few other Asian MMOs have it as well and ESO has a somewhat tweaked guild version of it.
Personally, I never liked it in the end, even though I found it interesting and fun in the beginning as well.

Drops are still instanced and your increased drop rate has no impact on party members.

4 Likes

Incredible! What can I say except that this surpass my expectations far above of what I imagined. I’m very hyped for the future of this game!

I only have one question that i’m very curious, speaking of the future. I agree that crafting materials shoulnd’t be tradeable here, but what about “miscellaneous” items like dungeon Keys? Last Epoch will have PoE equivalents like Scarabs, Delirium Orbs, Incubators, etc etc in the future? If they do, will them be tradeable in Merchant’s Guild or the idea is to only trade equippable items?

Thanks again for the good work guys. I will try to convice more people to get into LE.

How does CoF item drops impact magic find of corruption. is it a multiplying effect or just a base chance of the CoF bonus on the current magic find numbers gain in monolith?

Keys are not currently planned to be tradable. Initial plan is “things that can be equipped” (idols can be equipped).

2 Likes

Really happy with the direction youre taking here! Thanks for listening to players that want trade and players that want a smooth solo experience!

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s multiplicative but I’m not confident on this one.

2 Likes

Yes please don’t make it additive, otherwise the higher you go into deep endgame the less the effect will be and it might feel meaningless.

7 Likes

LETS GOOOOOOO!! I’m so excited!!

1 Like

Will there be separate ladders depending on faction?

1 Like

I like it.

1 Like

The last we talked on this we were leaning towards adding a CoF or MG tag to the user within the same leaderboard. Subject to change though

6 Likes

Could you also add tags for number of people within the party for the push. like a 4P tag for 4 person party. So people can identify solo and party players?

Very interesting approach.
Curious about what you will do to gain favour.
Are those going to be optional encounters that reward favour if completed?