Trade development update - Introducing merchants guild and circle of fortune factions

Each Resonance will be usable on specific item types, see the example image.

As for ‘very extended period of time’, we don’t have any more specific information available at this time. It is something that will come down a lot to testing a feedback.

1 Like

I do not like how there is going to be an RNG element attached to the Resonance… if its a threshold system, such as playing for X amount of time grants one random Resonance, I think the system should be changed to allow resonance to be more universal.

You keep the gear but can’t use it, whats the advantage?

1 Like

Progression as a CoF vs MG will be very similar. Forgoing all the MG specific items to switch to CoF will be slower than just starting and playing as CoF in the first place.

2 Likes

The entire point is that it’s a meaningful choice that can’t be changed easily. Are you saying that being incentivized to make multiple characters in an ARPG is a bad thing?

I agree that the primary issue with this system is the complexity. It is something we have tried very hard to mitigate. Unfortunately it is quite heavy and as such, there are some misunderstandings and assumptions going on. I’ve got a dozen other questions to get to here so I won’t go too deep but the short version is that we don’t intend for switching to be a common thing to do but rather a safeguard to prevent players from wasting their time in one and deciding that they want to switch.

Edit: Our community has also made it very clear that there is something between SSF and free trade that is extremely desired by a very significant portion of the community.

5 Likes

You wont be able to gift in ssf, thats kinda the point.

Also, your suggestion forces people in non-ssf to trade or suffer the reduced drop rates if they dont want to, which would feel bad. EHG’s suggestion allows people to choose which “playstyle”/benefit they would prefer and even allows them to chamge their mind if they wish.

Not sure thats how it works.

No, if there’s not enough space to unequip the gear they cant swap, thats what theyd go onto the forums to complain about.

Player choice.

You can’t gift to/within ssf.

1 Like

You can still use the gear dropped while MG when you switch to CoF, can’t use gear bought, but the dropped can be used by both factions if it dropped while the player was with the MG.

Impressive. We’ll probably need to see it in action before we can judge how well it works.

So having separate tags means you would be able to filter a leaderboard based on that tag? This would be beneficial if one method turns out to be more beneficial than the other for item acquisition.

1 Like

Based on what was said on Discord, it seems like the current plan is that you will have to take off your gear yourself in order to swap.
I assume this is all subject to change and not finalized either way

1 Like

I know that, but what’s the advantage to that, over just starting as CoF?

Happy to see you considered the “negative feedback” about trade changes. The system seems interesting and if implemented correctly could be a good solution. Looking forward to how it evolves :slight_smile:

This looks really good :smiley: like how innovative it is :slight_smile:
You just won some trust again :wink:

I’d really like to see some incentive for the CoF players to be at the bazaar. Maybe some mechanic specific to CoF to interact with some Scrying altar or something after getting a rare rune drop to enhance an item? The bazaar sounds like a really interesting place and having a community area + trading shops seems like a good combo.

1 Like

This is the EHG I know and love, using their creativity and ambition to raise the bar on what’s possible!

8 Likes

I’m glad you clarified that we can still play all content without constantly going to new “cycles”, that was one of my concerns as well. I quit POE a long time ago, almost entirely because of the whole “season” thing.

Thank you!

To me it sounds like you can use the Merchant’s Guild to quick-start a character and get straight into monos. You’ll have a full build immediately (provided you had the currency to buy it in the first place) and you can farm items that are slightly better while in MG then switch over to CoF to grind out the insane to find end-game items for that build.

I think starting a new character from scratch on a new cycle I would just go straight to CoF then accumulate gold and my char’s items, then if I wanted to start a new character I’d make a MG character to give them faster leveling.

Is this the case for all online players with stalls? Or a random subset of them?

I think that line is mostly flavor-text, it sounds like they intend to have an advanced search for all items currently being sold.

This system also has built in anti-bot. If you need say faction rank 10 that would take even a bot 3+ days to get to to be able to trade really valuable stuff, they have a big window to ban before they are able to trade. Plus the sticker price it hopefully won’t be bad.

1 Like