Track the number of minions

I would like to bump this excellent suggestion made a year ago, I have the exact same feeling about the way minion counters are currently laid out, definitely not intuitive.

That’s only one of many reasons the current UI layout is suboptimal. It’s kind of ARPG standard, though, and there doesn’t appear to be much appetite at EHG for allowing players to modify their HUD.

Well, D4 shows the minion count near the action bar, and it’s green when the max number of minion is reached for each category

The standard seems to be placing them on top left. However, I don’t see any reason why they can’t eventually implement both options.
Maybe even showing the number in the skill button, maybe top left of the box. So if you have multiple types of summons, like skeleton archers and warrior, top left would show 2 archers, one warrior and the skill button would show 3 skeletons.

I expect we’re going to start having a lot of UI improvements. Don’t know about 1.1, but soon after. Once they add all the stuff they consider core to the game, they can really focus on these QoL features.

I play UWHD and the location of the minion count is horrible. I have health bars on, which helps, but they like to run off screen and a big army is too hard to track that way.

The “standard” was from back in the day when the majority of monitors were 4:3 and zoom levels closer. It made sense then because UI space was limited and they were reasonably in view. Widescreen makes the left hand corner display harder to watch, and trying to look over and read it in 21:9 has gotten me killed more than once because I have to look completely away from my character.

There’s really no excuse for not putting them by the rest of the player UI.

Don’t you have the option to play LE in 16:9 when using a widescreen monitor?

I’m sure many players would like to be able to customize their UI, but purchasing a widescreen monitor does not create an obligation for game developers to optimize their UI for it.

You missed the point. 2012 UI/UX design is not appropriate in 2024 when people have a broad variety of monitor sizes and shapes. It’s not the user’s responsibility to force their hardware to conform to archaic standards. Placing the minions near the health and mana works irrespective of screen size.

Also with the poor graphics optimization, running in windowed mode is a substantial framerate hit.