Totem Shaman Build...Now more Shamantastic!

Sorry, this is incorrect.

This is mostly correct. Blizzard only is an added skill much like Maelstrom. The base damage of 5 + 20 spell damage from 5/5 in icicles scales with all cold, lightning, elemental, spell, and minion gear. This opens up gearing choices. The only part you made a mistake on is that it DOES change shock to chill.

I’m sorry but no. Nothing in the description of Blizzard states that. Besides why then there’s the Chill to the Bone node? Blizzad adds chill chance but not removes shock chance

Please, go back press alt on the blizzard node. It clearly states “All shock chance is converted to chill chance”. Chill to the bone adds to the base 25% up to 60% for a 35% chance to chill.

1 Like

Oh yes. You 're right . I think they better put that in the discripton (not hidden). I’m sorry I doubted your words

1 Like

Thank you, I was also trying to be kind in helping both of you resolve this issue. Have fun!

Hello,

Very interesting information. Do you perhaps know if the blizzard part of storm totem is also scaled with totem modifiers such as “Totem adaptive spell damage”? The alt-information on that node says “minon stats” but I mean, the whole skill is a totem skill.

Eiter way, very interesting discussion. I actually specced out of blizzard and into shock chance + increased shock dmg. I tried thunder totem but it was actually a bit annoying that you can’t visually see if the totem actually turned into a thunder totem or not (and the mana cost became a bit of an issue) so I skipped it. Storm totem without blizzard still feels very good imo, and now I’m going to farm for the relic.

Other changes I did was that I specced into the passive which gives +minion spell lightning damage. Changed for from a sceptre to a sickle (axe) to get the passive node that gives +5 totem adaptive spell damage to go to 15.

I personally feel this is a viable option aswell, also feels good I think. Not saying it’s necessarily better tho!

A totem is a minion. Yes, totem modifiers are specific to totems, not all minions which is the difference.

I like dual-wielding when playing a totem shaman . I use Reach of the Grave wand in my left hand and an axe with as much minion spell damage as possible.
Reach of the Grave is insane with totems. Up to 120% spell dmg and 12% cast speed.

1 Like

hi guys,

will this build take me through normal MoF?

Will it be easy or bumpy ride?

cheers!

I like running shield for the defensives, but might definitely try this out. Thanks for the suggestion!

1 Like

Hello,

I had no issues running through normal MoF with a similar build, I don’t think you will have any issues with normal MoF with this build.

1 Like

I’m still confused about the totems. If I play a vines Spriggan I deal a ton more dmg then a Shaman.

1 Like

That is one of the gripes that Shaman players have. It cannot be seen near the top of the ladder for the arena. The highest Totem build run is 139 at rank 18 on the SC ladder that uses more than one totem on the skill bar. There are only three builds in the top 100 primalist ladder with more than one totem active.

Sorry about that. The wording on the skills sometimes throws me off about what I am trying to say and what I am thinking. Thanks for clearing that up!

Check the first post that was updated. I don’t have any real guide, but you can start off with thorn totem and tempest strike combo to get you through the acts until you get storm totem. After that, it’s just building things up!

Now here’s what I have been wondering. Blizzard says it scales with your minions stats when you alt over it. Does it still scale with increases to totem damage and adaptive totem damage, or is it only minion damage. It’s not entirely clear imo.

I am quoting myself for clarity.

When you have a totem tag it will work only with totems. If you have a minion tag it will work with both totems and minions. As long as they have the proper MELEE or SPELL tag to go with the minion tag.

Blizzard is damage over time though. I don’t think adaptive spell damage applies to DoT similar to bleed and poison.

It does if it’s a spell-based DoT such as Maelstrom, Tornado, Drain Life, Wandering Spirits, etc.

1 Like

I see. Hope the devs add the adaptive definition to the guide in next patch. I saw many new players asking about adaptive in chat as well.