Totem and Vine Bugs

I’ve seen both of these mentioned before, but I don’t think I ever saw a response as to whether there were any plans to fix them or if they were actually intended to work this way.

First off, Thorn Totems summoned using Grove Mind won’t spawn if there is an object in the way of their normal spawn pattern, and worse yet seem to still charge the full mana cost and can mess up the number of totems summoned on subsequent casts before they despawn on their own. Suggestion would be to do something similar to other games where if an object is in the way of the totem, it spawns in a valid location as close to its intended location as possible. Red circles in the example below would be where the 2 missing totems would spawn in this scenario (I can only summon 4 at the moment)

https://imgur.com/NdJ80MK

Second is the Great Vine node on the Spriggan Form tree. There seems to be a glitch in how many it summons with Fury Leap or the unique boots Eterra’s Path. Without the Great Vine node, I have 100% chance to summon 3 Vines where I jump from, and 100% chance to summon 3 more Vines where I land using Fury Leap. If I put a point into Great Vine, I would expect to get 1 Great Vine where I jumped from, and 1 Great Vine where I land. Instead, I often times only get 1 and sometimes 0 Great Vines total from both locations. It almost seems like it’s double dipping in the reduction to the number of Vines summoned; 1/3 the normal total summoned to go from 3 to 1, then 1/3 again for something like a 33% chance where I jump from, and 33% chance where I land. Eterra’s Path seems to be impacted similarly; I spawn groups of 3 regular Vines all the time without Great Vine, but if I put a point in it, I rarely see the Great Vines spawn at all.

1 Like

That is apparently intended, though I don’t understand why given that’s not how Vines work.

That’s also intended, if you check the last sentence on the node’s alt text - Indirect casts only create a vine on every third cast. Not you only get 1/3 of the normal Vines you would when you summon them indirectly.

I can’t believe I never noticed that line before… OK, intentional… Seemed odd, but nothing game or build breaking.

This one really surprises me. I didn’t notice it happening much through the campaign until I got to the last chapter, particularly on the rooftops and in the temple. Absolutely gorgeous level designs, but the totems collide with EVERYTHING… I’m lucky to get 3/4 of my totems, and often only get 2/4, which makes for a pretty sizable DPS hit.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.