Tomes of Experience are worthless in 0.9F

Yeah, it’s my favourite suggestion so far.

I think my most preferred solution would be:

At player level 100, replace the echo nodes that reward tomes of experience with ones that give 50% more timeline stability.

BUT:

If you play together with a friend you can still get tomes of experience as an option to pick from, if you’re not the host. These tomes of experience will give you 5% of your current level worth of XP per tome, 15% per reward.

That way, the person navigating the echoes doesn’t have what some deem useless, but you can still quick-level your abilities by playing together with a friend. Swap the host role if needed.

Tie them into the faction system when its introduced, tomes give progress towards ranking up as well as character xp, i get the idea behind the stability ideas, but it feels wierd to me to tie an end of echo reward into that (it’d also lead to really messed up ways to progress efficiently)

3 Likes

It took 120 hours to reach max level for me, running minion acolyte. 80 hours of that was monolith and empowered monolith. The last 8 or so, I was already done with all the timelines. To me, that’s asking way too much for max leveling a single character. I don’t see a compelling reason it should be that way. To that end, I think the real solution here is just to increase the amount of experience everything gives, including tomes. 60-80 hours seems like plenty of schedule abuse for trying out a class and earning access to endgame.

120 hours for max lvl thats waaaaaaaay to much exp game gives you

Yeah, the devs intend to slow it down (though it’s not my cup of tea).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.