Tomes of Experience are worthless in 0.9F

I would still use tomes to speed it up. I’m not the biggest fan of re-grinding points in the skill’s skilltrees. Sure, getting them back up is fast enough, but if you experiment a lot on multiple characters, every reduction of grind is welcome to me.

Don’t forget we are in the Beta. Devs said many times you’ll need more XP to get to 100 after launch. So while the tomes don’t make your bar move now they won’t do even less after. I think maybe the devs missed a 0 or two on the xp gain of this tomes because right now they are worth killing how many mobs on level? 20ish?

For fully respeccing a skill, sure I think it really would be helpful for some people especially for slow-clear rate builds. But I think most of the people grinding in empowered monos already have their skills set in stone anyway. And even if they have to respecc then maybe just a few points and get those back really quick by doing their target farming monolith route without going specifically for EXP tome nodes. I was also experimenting with my build a few days ago and I had to despecialize a lot of skills, and despite being only Lv10 skills, I didn’t have problems clearing monos with underleveled skills.

And what about for people who doesn’t need respeccing? I think it only benefits one party here but of course I’m not against it if it helps you in some way, I’m totally fine with that. What I’m just saying is that hopefully there would be a way to make these tomes useful for people who are already at max level and doesn’t need respeccing that EHG would implement in the future like maybe convert exp nodes into gold or something. Who knows.

1 Like

I have a suggestion.

Once level 100, Tomes of Experience reward echoes get a 10% higher chance to drop exalted, unique and set items.

This would keep them around for people who need to respec skills and want to speed up maxing them, and the others simply enjoy a chance at better loot, so less hard feelings towards these echoes on their path.

1 Like

Interesting idea, another option is they could also give 50% increased stability gain from this node (If character is level 100) or for the next 2-3 nodes making it really good for people still farming blessings or boss uniques.

4 Likes

I like your idea even more, increased stability would be a nice alternative once the player reaches lvl 100.

I suspect the deleveling of skills is there to stop people switching mid-run.
Leveling skills from 10 to 20 takes 2-3 echo runs.
Maybe give 3 tomes of XP (5% of level XP per) and 1 tome of skill (levels all specced skills to 20).
That way you can’t switch skills mid-run but you can still experiment without needing to limp through 3 echos if you switch your key skill out, for example.

They could also be valuable past 100 for faction progress

We had a discussion internally about Tomes of Experience a while ago, if they should be replaced with something else at lv100. We decided to keep them because we found that players (including ourselves) liked the opportunity to quickly level up skills if they wanted to respec.

2 Likes

If majority voted to keep the tomes, I would like to suggest to slightly increase the exp gained from it. Even at slightly lower levels at 60-80, it barely gives any imo.

Can we make them as item to pickup at least for later use, experience from them is soo small but they blocking nodes, there is no point to use them to respec, 1 echo done is like 20 tomes and reward for echo is 3. So they are artificial blocker in monolith and they are boring.

make them give flat HP depening on echo/corruption, so you can powerlevel.

I like the extra stability (mayb 50% more) it could provide on that node. Would makes it faster to farm blessings and/or boss uniques items

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s my favourite suggestion so far.

I think my most preferred solution would be:

At player level 100, replace the echo nodes that reward tomes of experience with ones that give 50% more timeline stability.

BUT:

If you play together with a friend you can still get tomes of experience as an option to pick from, if you’re not the host. These tomes of experience will give you 5% of your current level worth of XP per tome, 15% per reward.

That way, the person navigating the echoes doesn’t have what some deem useless, but you can still quick-level your abilities by playing together with a friend. Swap the host role if needed.

Tie them into the faction system when its introduced, tomes give progress towards ranking up as well as character xp, i get the idea behind the stability ideas, but it feels wierd to me to tie an end of echo reward into that (it’d also lead to really messed up ways to progress efficiently)

3 Likes

It took 120 hours to reach max level for me, running minion acolyte. 80 hours of that was monolith and empowered monolith. The last 8 or so, I was already done with all the timelines. To me, that’s asking way too much for max leveling a single character. I don’t see a compelling reason it should be that way. To that end, I think the real solution here is just to increase the amount of experience everything gives, including tomes. 60-80 hours seems like plenty of schedule abuse for trying out a class and earning access to endgame.

120 hours for max lvl thats waaaaaaaay to much exp game gives you

Yeah, the devs intend to slow it down (though it’s not my cup of tea).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.