[Thorn Totem] Target Acquisition

If you place Thorn Totems before enemies come out of their “Submerged” state the Thorn Totems won’t start attacking said enemies once they are “Emerged” and will only hit them collaterally if they start attacking already “Emerged” enemies.

Re-summoning the Thorn Totems does make them attack the previously ignored enemies but is a bit of an iffy solution that comes with the detriment of requiring more mana costs than it should.

• By “emerged” & “submerged” I mean enemies that come out of the ground, jump out of a wall, come down from the sky or is initially not seen until you approach and they make themselves seen, for anyone confused. Think of the Osprix flying onto a bridge at the very start of the game as an example.
  • Also applies to Rare enemies being revived by the “Familiar” prefix.

TL;DR

1. Summon Thorn Totem
  2. Enemy emerges after totem is summoned
  3. Thorn Totem ignores emerged enemy
  4. Already emerged enemy comes into range
  5. Thorn Totem attacks enemy from #4 and will collaterally hit the enemy from #2

or

1. Summon Thorn Totem
  2. Enemy emerges after totem is summoned
  3. Thorn Totem ignores emerged enemy
  4. Resummon Thorn Totem (x2 mana cost)
  5. Resummoned Thorn Totem will correctly attack enemy from #2

Does not appear to be an issue with Summon Storm Totem but I’ll keep an eye out.

It’s probably the same problem with Vines, though they will also not target enemies that come into range if the enemies weren’t “active” before the Vines were summoned.

I actually have issue about totem stopping attacks after pressing A (Order Pet to Attack) With no target.
Either my Thorn Totem or Storm Totem, totally stop attacking after that. Even if enemies are arround and in range. Just pressing the command without targetting enemies makes my totems stop.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.